Chapter 7

Sorry its short. I'm having troubles writing this story at the moment and I'm trying to get back into the story.

********************

As I walked through the main doors I let out a breath of relief because the hall was only a third filled. As I walked down the hall and with each step I took I felt like they grew heavier and louder because with each step somebody looked my way. Great. I looked down at the outfit that I choose for today. I was wearing dark faded blue jeans and a flower button up shirt under my peach-ish orange-ish shirt that sported the number twenty-three on it. To complete the outfit I threw on my old black converse and wore a dream catcher necklace. I felt like I looked nice.

I looked up to see that basically the whole hall stopped with what they were doing just to watch me. I wanted to hide behind my long, wavy brown hair, but I thought better of it. I wasn't going to let these people get the best of me just because I was new, hell no. I looked straight ahead and walked with confidence in my stride.

As I walked towards the middle of the hall where I saw a sign that read 'Main Office', I caught the eyes of a few of my new classmates. Guys stared at me with lust and curiousness while the girls stared with envy and jealously. As I caught a few eyes of people I was either glared at or the guys build up the courage to wink at me or check me out knowing damn well that I could see what they were doing.

I scowlled at a guy for pushing a girl off of his arm, which looked to be his girlfriend, just to get my attention and try to talk to me. I walked right passed him like I didn't hear anything and headed into the Main Office. Asshole.

I walked into the office, thankfully blocking my view of the hormonal teenagers. As I walk in I see a little old lady sitting behind a table tapping away on the computer. On the desk there are various of pictures that looked to be her whole family and a name plate that says 'Betty Gardnier'. As I start getting closer is when she looks up and notices me.

"Oh hello dear. Pardon me for my rudeness. Can I help you with anything," she asks with a warm smile on her face.

I couldn't help but smile back. "Uh yeah.. I'm new here."

"Oh yes. I have your schedule and the map of the school right here for you."

As she is handing me my stuff the door behind us opens up. Betty looks up, "Oh Jake, you've made it just in time. I was going to send Ryan here to look for her classes, now you can show her," she says with a grin on her face.

I hear a chuckle and in a deep voice I hear, "I'm happy to help her, but didn't you need my help with something this morning?"

I turn around to put a face to the deep voice. As I look at the boy or shall I say man my breath catches in my throat. Wow is all I can say. His 6'4 is casually leaning up against the door frame. The letterman jacket that he's wearing makes his shoulders look so broad that I cant help but be mesmerized. The black shirt he's wearing is tight against his torso showing the muscle his body has. I look up into his captivating crystal blue eyes and I'm about to lose it. His blond hair falls before his face like a curtain as he looks down at the floor with. Pink flush rising from is neck.

"Oh nonsense," Betty said breaking my line of sight to look back at her. "I'll just get someone else to do it. Off you guys go. You've got 15 minutes for the tour before the first bell rings. Take good care of her Mr. O'Conner. " She left no room for arguments.

Jake opens the door, "Ladies first."

A smile spreads across my face. I can already tell Jake and I are going to be great friends. I could judge people very easily because of my childhood and I knew Jake was a good, kind-hearted guy.

"Thanks," i say with a big toothy smile and he returned it with a dimply smile of his own.

"Okay. Let me see your schedule." I hand him my schedule and he looks it over and with each second to pass his eyes got brighter and brighter.

"Well damn I don't believe it."

"What," I ask confused.

"We've got every class together except for sixth," he informs me with another dimple smile of his.

"That's great," I say to enthusiastically. Wow calm down. I don't need to scare the boy away.

Because we have every class together Jake didn't even bother in showing me around. Instead we walked around campus and he was pointing out areas to stay away from or people i shouldn't bother with.

"....Okay so behind the school is where all the potheads hang out. Over here at the picnic tables is where all the stuck up assholes sit at and do what they do best. Act like sluts or pick on anyone who is any different from them. Thats pretty much the places you don't really want to be involved with."

I looked up at him about to thank him for helping me out until I noticed him death glaring over my right shoulder.

"What is it," I asked turning around only to notice Tanner walking up to us with a smirk on his face. Great this could go in one or two ways. Either Tanner reveals that I'm related to Daren or a fist fight from the look Jake is sending his way.

Either way I'm not looking forward to it.