Prologue

I can't believe what I just saw. It's one of the worst sights anyone could see. One that even couldn't have been dreamt up in your most wildest dreams. One that could scar even the most innocent of persons.

I just saw my mother die. Stabbed before my eyes. I saw the life bleed out of her as she looked on helplessly at me. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't do anything to stop her dying. I couldn't control any part of my body. I froze, like time froze me, but continued elsewhere.

She was a sweet woman, a kind woman. One you could rely on. Why would anyone want to kill her? She helped people; she was a therapist and a good one too, I guess. Many people saw her, teenagers mostly, and recommended her to their friends. She was the best in town. I guess the accident made her want to help others . . . even more than helping herself, actually.

She made some mistakes, but that wasn't her fault, everybody makes mistakes. I make mistakes, everyday. I can't help it. Neither can she. Humans are born to make mistakes, it's just the natural order of things.

My mother only had one big mistake in her miserable life: she used to beat me.

Ever since my dad was killed by a drunk driver when I was twelve, mom hasn't been the same. She didn't know how to cope with the pain . . . so she took her anger and sorrow out on me.

For the past three years my mother has abused me. Whenever she was sad, she was alone, when she couldn't even speak because she was too drunk to think. Whenever she needed to vent, her first choice was me.

For three years, I had to go to school with new bruises every week. No one even noticed how much I was in pain! Sure, I covered up the bruises, but only enough so that a quick glance couldn't give them away. I just wished that one day a teacher would ask me if everything was okay and I could beg them to help me. I couldn't ever just tell them, I care for my sisters too much. I would lay down my life for them. But that never stopped my mother.

For three years, I was alone in the world, except for Lana. Her smile would brighten my day. Even when I was crying myself to sleep and she was having a nightmare, comforting her was the only thing that made me keep myself together and get over my sorrow for the sake of her happiness.

For three years . . . I had given up hope . . . and faith . . . and trust. I even gave up myself. I had just given up. Maybe I should be glad how it's ending, no more abuse right? And yet why do I feel bad about it?

But I did what I had to do. I was tired of not being able to help myself because of the threats. The threats that made me stop in my tracks. My mother told me that if I try to tell the police or someone at school that she would hurt one of my younger sisters. And I will protect the girls no matter what.

My two younger sisters, Megan and Lana, and my older brother, Jordan, did not know about mom abusing me. And they never will know. They won't understand . . . and they definitely won't accept that I had to do what I did. But I'll get over it.

My name is Jane Carter . . . and I killed my mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, so . . . Fault Line is back!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! This time I have an idea for a plot so hopefully it will go more smoothly. So, yay!

Okay, business time:

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED! THIS STORY IS MY OWN CREATION. NO ONE MAY USE IT FOR THEIR OWN. THIS PLOT AND STORY IS ALL FICTIONAL, MADE UP BY MY OWN DEVIOUS AND EVIL LIKE MIND! PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED IN ANY WAY, THIS IS INDEED A FICTION STORY.