Chapter 2- Its Time (3 Years Ago)

I woke up in my small dark room tiredly. I sat up in the squeaky bed and rubbed my eyes with a yawn. When I pulled my hands away, my eyes locked on an envelope on the floor near my door.

Receiving my letter was nothing but expected for me. Maybe everyone else has anxiously awaited theirs and screamed in joy when they received it, but not me. My letter was nothing more than a piece of paper that merely confirmed my acceptance to Hogwarts. But let's be honest, who didn't see this coming? I already had my wand, my cauldron, my books. Everything. Which of course left me with no excuse to leave the house. It's not that I hated home, but home hated me. I had always looked up to my father for advice while he only looked down at me in pity.

I got dressed in my usual black garments and threw on my cloak and tried my hardest to sneak down the stairs quietly. That was a fail as the last stair betrayed me and creaked.

Before my father, sitting in the study, could question me, I gave a quick "I'm going out" and dashed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood in the hall waiting for my name to be called to be sorted into Slytherin.

"Draco Malfoy" I watched him walk up and sit on the stool.

Draco was my closest friend. We had known each other since birth and not a day went by without us communicating in some way. I remember when we were younger I'd often go to his house with my father and the two of us would be left alone to play.

"Slytherin!" The hat called out without even touching his head. Good. That's one of us in, one more to go.

"Harry Potter." The hall quickly fell silent as he sat down and the hat was placed upon his head.

"Not Slytherin?" The hat asked. Not Slytherin? Who wouldn't want to be in Slytherin? Harry Potter wasn't the smartest kid, and this proved it. "Gryffindor!" Ew.

"Serena Snape." The hall fell silent except for the whispers.

"Snape? He has a daughter?" I could clearly hear behind me. Up at the teacher table they all turned to my father who no doubt was watching me. I didn't dare look at him. I walked up and sat on the stool with as much confidence as I could muster. I was disappointed as I felt the hat touch my head, why didn't it quickly call out like it did for Draco?

"Hm," the hat began, "Snape. Hm, yes. Although your father did well in Slytherin, I see a different path for you. Gryffindor!"

"Yea try again." I refused to be there.

"Miss Snape-" Professor Mcgonagol began.

"Yes, I guess you're right. Gryffindor won't suit you, but why?"

"Because they all think they can be heros. Besides, I think we both know where I deserve to be." I smirked as the whispers continued. I had no problem with saying what I thought. And also, I'm pretty sure that no one had ever before argued with the sorting hat nor tried to change their house once it had been declared.

"Slytherin!" I smiles as the hat was removed from my head and made my way to the table sitting next to Draco.

"You can do that?" He whispered

"Probably not, but I just did." I whispered back with a smirk. Finally, I turned my head to look at my father and, for once, saw a smile on his face. He approved.