27{Christmas Eve: Real Life🎁

"Why don't you really want to go home," Elisabetta, my grandma, asked as we sat in the living room while my siblings and mom packed their bags.

"I just miss it here Bunica. I feel so much closer to Bunicut when I'm home," I explained with a sigh as I laid my head down a pillow. Thankfully my grandparents knew both English and Romanian so when I did move to America it didn't take me as long as it should've to learn the language. When I visit my grandma our conversations end up being a mixture of the two.

"That's not it. Mama ta mi-a spus despre băiat. De ce fugi de la el pe nepoata mea?" (Your mom told me about the boy. Why are you running from him granddaughter) she asked and even though I knew she was right I denied it. I've been hurt before by opening up and after seeing the pictures and his comments another girl's posts I knew that my chance with him had past. I needed to stay in Romania a little bit longer in hopes of moving on from him.

"Nu alerg. Doar ascundeți pentru moment," (I'm not running. Just hiding for now) I said with a small smile and she just shook her head before coming and joining me on the couch. I moved so I was next to her and I laid my head on her shoulder and she took a hold of my hand and rubbed it.

"I didn't hide from your Bunicut. You shouldn't hide from this man either," she said to me and I nodded my head, "You're going to stay with me anyways aren't you,"

"That I am. Right now though I have to get ready to drop the others off," I said kissing her cheek before going to my room and checking my phone. There were no messages which is weird. Even though I'm hiding from him, Sebastian and I have been texting this whole trip so far except for today and yesterday's conversation ended early.

"We're ready to go. Last chance to come home with us," my mom said startling me a bit.

"I'm okay. Plus I don't want Bunica alone for Christmas this year," I said turning with my phone in hand and heading to the door. The drive to the airport was short and once there I gave all my sisters hugs and wished them a merry early Christmas. I then hugged my mom who gave me an extra tight squeeze.

"I'll try and stop your dad from flying out," she said and I laughed and thanked her. As we continued to say our goodbyes my mom's eyes drifted to over my head and a smile grew on her face.

"That excited to leave me," I asked her with a smirk as her eyes returned to meet mine.

"Nope. Just excited to finally see this man in person," she said grabbing me by my shoulders and turning me around. A few feet away Sebastian was standing there with a woman and man beside him. When our eyes met his smile grew and I felt my own grow as well. "Go to him. We still have an hour and a half before our flight actually takes off. Once you reunite bring him over to mama," she said and I rolled my eyes before making my way over to him as I played with my hands.

"Hi," he said smiling down at me as we met in the middle. He moved some of my hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. "I've missed you,"

"I missed you too. I thought you were spending the holidays in the city," I asked him and he shook his head.

"That was the plan, but then I heard I wouldn't be able to see you until January twenty-second. I talked to my mom and step-dad and apparently they have been planning on coming back here soon so my mom could visit friends. So, they happily agreed to spend Christmas here, but we're flying back on he twenty-eighth and I hope you'll come back with us then," he said smiling and I nodded my head as he pulled me into his chest and we hugged. I've missed his hug so freaking much it's not even funny.

"Of course I'll go back with you then. So my mom will probably kill me if I don't introduce the two of you. I'm going to apologize for anything she or any of my sisters say, honestly Caly will probably say something, so yeah," I said awkwardly after looking back at my siblings and mom who were watching this whole interaction.