6) seeing you

My Dearest Amalia,

I saw you today, of course I didn't really, but I saw you at your grave. I was alone except for one elderly lady who was just a couple rows away from me, once she left I went to see who she was visiting. Turns out it was her husband and he had only died just a month ago, I could see the pain on her face and the way her body shook, she's devastated. And I don't blame her. I here too often from people at the compound that I should try moving on, that there are other women out there who will be as great as you or even better. But see the thing is, is that my happiness is when I'm with you, when I think about you, and everything else in between that matters. Nobody could ever live up to you and I don't think I could ever put somebody else through that kind of danger again. I already struggle with being near Steve and his friends, I'm afraid that Hydra or someone worse will come after them and kill them. Just sitting down at your grave and letting the cold breeze blow against my skin, it felt nice because I haven't felt anything in months. But being there, knowing that you were just right there, some void filled and I felt something. I just wish that I could feel more, like the hug that Steve gives me or the food I eat, I feel none of that. The only time I feel anything is when I think about you or I'm in pain, maybe that's a correlation between the two because my last memory of you is painful. I don't want the only thing I feel to be my bruised knuckles after hitting the punching bag for an hour straight, I just want to feel your touch and your warmth.

Love Always,
Bucky