10) a soldier

GERMANY 2013

It was another cold night in Germany, people were cooped up inside in front of the fire place drinking hot chocolate, while only few roamed the streets mostly begging for money. Seeing older people on the street wrapped in nothing but a thin blanket to keep themselves warm made the winter soldier feel uneasy. He was lucky enough to have the luxury to live somewhere with a bed and warm sheets, even though him staying in Germany was temporary, he was just glad that he wasn't one of those to suffer on the sidewalk.

The winter soldier was here for a couple of things, three assassinations to be exact, Hydra felt threatened by the German government. It was assumed that the Germans were gaining intel from SHIELD about their whereabouts still existing and that was the last thing Hydra wanted. They were already working inside of SHIELD and finding ways to slow down the mighty Captain America because he would be the only one to discover that they still existed.

As Bucky walked the stone streets in Germany it all felt familiar too him but he couldn't explain how it all felt familiar. His mind had been wiped so many times that he barely started to recognize himself in the mirror occasionally.

The winds grew stronger as he continued to walk to his destination, Hydra had gathered some intel that the Ambassador of Germany would be at a charity that late evening and his mission was to well, get rid of him. Coming out here took a lot of time and planning, never once has he gone out and done a mission without gathering intel or coming up with a very detailed plan. It just wasn't in Hydra's nature.

"Soldat, was ist dein status?" Bucky heard from the coms, the voice on the other end sounded impatient, not expecting this too take so long. "jetzt auf das Ziel kommen." The soldier responded as he was just coming over the top of the road and there just two miles out was the building where the charity was being held. From there Bucky could see men and women entering all of them dressed in black attire and wearing heavy fur coats.

Bucky had walked far enough to where he was out of the public eye and could make his shot. Killing was the only thing that was familiar to him when he woke up or after they wiped his mind, killing seemed to be the only thing he was good at and he would agree. After taking a moment to settle down and find a good location for his shot he took of the black backpack he had around his shoulders and set it in front of him.

He unzipped the backpack and inside there were gun parts with ammunition, he only ever needed one bullet, but there was always that possibility of getting into a gun fight and he wasn't planning on loosing anytime soon. Bucky quickly pulled out each part and pieced it together, the parts now fully turning into a sniper rifle, his best weapon.

Bucky then pulled out the stand that was in the bag and placed it on the ground, he set the rifle on the stand to steady the gun and it would help him keep his aim just right. Once he was set he laid down on the ground and looked through his scope and from there he could see every person who had attended the charity. They were all talking amongst themselves, had champagne in their hands and were probably laughing at horrible jokes.

Not even a minute later Bucky spotted his target walking towards the stage with what looked like wine in his hand. The ambassador was dressed in an all black tuxedo and the only thing that really stuck out to Bucky was the gold ring on the man's finger. He watched as the ambassador tapped the microphone a couple of times to alert everyone that he was about to speak, the guests turned their attention to the German ambassador and watched him speak.

This was the moment for him to take the shot so with a deep breath he slowly exhaled, lined up his target, and then pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced through the glass window, making it shatter on impact, and the bullet going perfectly between the German's eyes. Bucky almost smiled as he watched the events unfold, people were panicking and running out of the event and had their hands covering their head. That was his cue to pack up and get as far away as he could before the police showed up, he quickly dismantled his rifle and placed everything back into the backpack.