Chapter Twenty Seven

Thomas stood in front of a grave, in the brand new graveyard that had been built within Risedo. Tears ran down his cheeks. Xavier placed a hand upon the young prince’s shoulder. Lydia stood next to her brother, wrapped in an embrace from behind from Carvar. Carvar and Lydia both had tears running down their cheeks, though their cries remained silent. To Carvar’s left, Analise was holding up Vidro, who was struggling to keep himself up. He was desperately trying to hold in tears, while Analise was sobbing quietly next to him.
     “I just can't believe it…” Thomas whispered. Kayda stepped forward and placed a single white rose down upon the grave. “At least she's united with her lost loved ones. She’s in a better place. This isn't goodbye Thomas. She would want you smiling in this moment. You know that,” Lydia said soothingly. Kayda walked away and went to go to another grave. Xavier followed the child. Lydia took after her brother, almost as if she was afraid that she'd lose him if she left his side. Carvar quickly followed Lydia. Analise and Vidro took after him in a determined pursuit.
     Thomas stood alone at the grave, struggling to keep hold of the tears within him. “You know that what Lydia said is true, right?” a female's voice called from behind him. Thomas turned around to see Anna. He ran to her and threw his arms around her. “They said you wouldn't be getting up?” he questioned. Anna shrugged and wrapped her arms around Thomas. She gently stroked the prince’s back.
     Thomas pulled away and stared at Anna. “Now what?” he asked, a sense of desperation in his voice, as though he found life to be losing its meaning, and that he was truly lost and unsure of what to do now. “You move on, keep ruling. It's what your father and stepmother would have wanted. You'll be a good king, you'll take Risedo far, you will. I know you will Tommy,” Anna replied, confident in her response.
     Thomas frowned and reached out to Anna. He pulled her close and placed his lips against hers. “I don't want to do it without you Bella,” he whispered as he pulled back from the kiss. Anna pulled Thomas close. “You'll be fine Tommy. I know you will. You'll do amazing things with this kingdom Tommy. Just...take care of yourself...and everyone else for me, okay Tommy?” Anna begged.
      Thomas reached out for Anna in desperation. Anna began to split apart into shards of light that started to blow away with the wind. “Anna! No! Don’t leave me!” he cried out, desperately trying to grab onto the pieces of her. Thomas fell to his knees, sobbing uncontrollably.
     As the last of Anna faded away, Thomas stood himself up, slowly gathering himself back together. “I promise you, I'll do that for you Bella. I promise. As long as we see each other again. I promise Bella,” he blurted out. Thomas spotted a single, white rose that appeared to almost be glowing was growing, where Anna had once been stood. He hesitated and picked the rose. He plucked a seed from between the petals then laid the rose down upon the grave. “Bye Bella, take care of mom and dad for me. I love you. See you soon,” Thomas called out before walking away.