Chapter 2: Blank Pages

I'm so pissed at wattpads app! Its glitching all over the wall! Ugh! Not letting me send messages or upload >.< whyyyyy

Here's chapter two! Hope you enjoy!
--------------------------------

My fingers ran over the golden letters once again. Sitting back, my back met the pillows shoving them to the wall. I adjusted my seating before I began.

Flipping back the cover I stared at the light brown pages, the time of age changing the book's original color. There laid three complete blank pages before the title stained a page. The words big and black, the font mimicking the cover. Continuing farther there was no table of contents, it just led me straight into Chapter one.

I started on the tiny words underneath the heading above:

Once upon a time... There lied four kingdoms. For each kingdom rested upon their own island. Aligned in order, it was said if you drew a line to connect the kingdoms on a map, a rhombus would take the shape. Each island resting on the corners of the adjoint lines.

For each kingdom had their own purpose but were all joined together by forces. This kept the four joint kingdoms the strongest against all intruders.

For the Northern Kingdom, Nri, known well for their battles won and strong army. The Eastern Kingdom, Essex, known for the finest fabrics worldwide. The Southern Kingdom, Sine, known for their unpierced armors and fine weaponry. And the Western Kingdom, Wyre, known for their godly soil. It was said even in winter they could harvest any plant desired.

The four kingdom's traded frequently amongst another, food for weapons, weapons for fabric, men for training for a worth's of food for the seasons. They did them all.

Once a month, the kings and councillors would meet up and discuss what was needed in improvement or what needed to be arranged. Even marriages between Kingdoms to show they were still aligned though their ancestors died long ago.

For over many years these four Kingdoms laid in peace with another until darkness struck.

Alastair, Prince of Nri, son of King Alton killed his parents in their sleep after his 19th ceremony for birth recognition. No one truly knows why, it was said they tried forcing him into marriage, or he didn't feel respected under his older brother Alvin. There's many tales and legends of how his parents met their fate, but they were just tales.

Bond to the dungeon by chains, Alastair rested there on his scarred knees. His body limp from the beatings he'd taken. His face swollen from the direct hits. The guards demanded he admitted to killing his parents but he denied. They left him in the dungeon to rot. The three meals a day turning to one a week.

With his parents dead and him resting in the dungeon of his fathers, Alvin, Alastair older brother took the throne. The evening of Alvin's coronation, guards informed the soon to be king of the recent acts of his brother.

Alastair had killed his own guards and escaped. The castle was searched but he was never found. The coronation continued, and when the new King rose, he ordered troops to find and kill Alastair.

For them to bring him back dead and bury his body along side of his parents so that he could never run away from the crime he committed even in death.

Laying the book on my stomach I sighed. "Where the hell did pops get this book from?" I questioned out loud.

I could hear footsteps approaching, the heavy feet stopped outside my door followed by a knock. "Aades dear?" My mother called. Ugh, I quickly closed my eyes turning over pretending to be asleep. If she was coming up here, it meant family was over. And I definitely wasn't in the mood to deal with them.