Chapter 5: Read to Me

I KNow this took so long lol but Not only was ai cramped with work, school, and life, but I was just allover brain dead. I had typed all this in one day and it was just sitting there for months in my drafts. Pfft. I only added a sentence XD

-------------------------------------------

"Are you alright?" Red questioned. Her baby blue eyes staring over at me while I held my hand to my lower back. It wasn't like I was a weakling or anything. Matter of fact I've been in several fights before, but this was completely different. My fear of Alastair some how seemed to control me. The pain ached more when I thought about him, my back sides throbbing scarcely.

"Y-yes..." I lied knowing she didn't buy a word. The facial expressions told the truth followed by the low grunt.

She exhaled lightly, her eyes going back to the road. Her pink lip tucking under her teeth, the gears in her brain turning to find an explanation over our argument last night.

The horse's trotting cut through the air, the gravel crunching under its feet getting pressured down double by the wheels of the wagon.

Last night had did us both in. Red figured it was best to leave before the sun rays showed through the sky. "Nessarose can help you understand." She informed confident in the information. I blinked at her. The name ringing a bell but unable to detect the origin of it. "She's the one who wrote the book I showed you at the towns book market."

"Nessarose...?" I repeated, maybe if I spoke it then I could figure out why it sounded so familiar. Instead I was left in wonder.

"Something wrong?" Red questioned

"I've heard that name... But...from where?"

"Well probably from a book." Red teased with a small amount of laughter. I narrowed my eyes at her playfully. She soon answered me with a shrug. "Other than our book collection I can show you, I'm sure its far from yours."

"That's true." I mumbled to myself. This was no longer a dream. It was reality and I was stuck in a book, one not familiar to my folklore selection but somewhere near.

"So," Red mumbled lowly. Her blushed returning. The cuteness drawing my attention away easily. "What am I like? In your book I mean.."

"Do you really want to know?" I smirked. I could tease her forever and not get bored.

"M-may I?" She asked looking at me innocently. I couldn't deny those eyes. I sat up slightly trying not to move to much after what happened.

"Well," I began licking over my lips playfully. "You're actually younger than you are now."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it just depends on the versions you read." I informed. She gave me a slightly confused look so I explained farther. "There's different people who change up the original storyline of the book and publish it as something else. Originally you're like, I'm going to guess about twelve or thirteen. I can't say for sure cause they never really focused on the age like they did the line of the story."