Dreams and Despair

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek (or a dream)

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: Seeing as I am neither British, Japanese, or a man; I am neither J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, or Rick Riordan, which means I do not own their respective works. In addition, I do not own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

Percy Jackson had a dilemma. Not only that, but for the first time in his short, often miserable life, it was a normal dilemma that any teenager might have. Well, if you looked on the surface, that is. Percy Jackson wanted – no, needed – to be at the Quidditch World Cup. The only problem was...he didn't have a ticket, and he had no way of getting one.

"What are we going to do?" Thalia repeated for the fifth time that evening, turning on her heel to continue her pacing through the small tent. "At least one of us needs to be there to make sure nothing happens...how are we supposed to get a ticket?"

Percy shrugged helplessly from his spot on the floor. He leaned back slightly as Thalia passed him again, not wanting to be stepped on. "Maybe Nico could shadow-travel in and keep an eye on them that way?" Percy suggested.

"But isn't that too risky?" Nico questioned. "If I get seen then that's going to raise a lot of questions. Everyone thinks that we're in America for the summer."

Percy shrugged again. "So, don't be seen."

"Thanks Percy," Nico said dryly. "You're a real life saver, you know that?"

"I do my best," Percy replied with a smirk.

Thalia tugged at her hair in frustration. "We don't have any other options," she growled. "There's no way for us to get tickets because we have no money..."

"I told you that camping out in a tent for the whole summer was a bad idea," Percy muttered.

"Well I didn't see you throwing out any better suggestions!" Thalia snapped, glaring down at Percy.

"...Fair enough."

"As risky as it is," Thalia continued with a sigh, "we're going to have to send you, Nico." She turned to face the boy with a worried look. "Do you think you can handle it?"

Nico scoffed. "Of course I can handle it! I've handled way worse!"

"Yeah, and 'way worse' almost killed you," Percy reminded him grimly.

Nico ducked his head. "I'll be careful," he promised quietly. "I won't over exert myself – just a jump there and a jump back."

Thalia nodded, satisfied. "You better keep that promise," she warned him.

Percy grabbed his bag that was lying near him and dug around in it. After several seconds of searching, he found what he was looking for. "Here." Percy held out Annabeth's invisibility cap. "Take this so you won't be seen."

Nico accepted the hat with a nod. "Thanks."

"You'd better not lose it," Percy warned. "Annabeth will kill me if I don't bring her hat back."

"As amusing as that would be to watch," Nico said with a smirk, "I'll do my best to keep track of it."

"That shouldn't be too hard because it should be on you head the entire time," Thalia reminded him.