Annoyance and Alex

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek (or a dream)

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: Seeing as I am neither British, Japanese, or a man; it stands to reason that I am neither J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, or Rick Riordan, which means I do not own their respective works. In addition, I do not own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Harry

"Harryyyy..." the girl perched atop a library table swung her legs and pouted. "I'm bored!"

Harry glared at the parchment in front of him and tried to ignore the girl that only he could see. The girl stopped swinging her legs and frowned.

"C'mon Harry," she wheedled. "Talk to me! It's not like you're actually getting any work done over there!"

'Maybe I would be,' Harry thought in annoyance, 'if you would stuff it so I can concentrate.'

"You can't ignore me forever, you know."

'Wanna bet?'

"After all...I did save Ginny, didn't I?"

Harry sucked in his breath sharply and tightened his grip on his quill. "I don't know that for sure," he muttered. "You could just be making stuff up to annoy me, Alex."

Alex's composure brightened immediately. "He speaks!" She cheered, thrusting her hands into the air. "Though I am disappointed by how very little trust you seem to have in me...what can I do to prove myself to you?"

"Nothing." Harry finally turned his head to glare at the girl. "So shut it, and let me work."

Out of the corner of his eye, Harry could see Alex raise a finger to her lips in a mock-serious gesture. "Quiet, Harry," she whispered. "This is a library, you know. Not to mention..." a smile tugged at her lips. "You wouldn't want people to think you're crazy, would you?"

Harry felt that if he clenched his jaw any tighter he might break it. "All the more reason for you to leave me alone," he ground out.

"But that's no fun," Alex whined, throwing her head back. "Why can't you go somewhere else so we can talk?"

"Why would I want to talk to you?" Harry hissed.

"Well, you're talking to me right now," Alex pointed out. "Besides, you're the only person I can talk to, or else I would find somebody else."

"That's your own fault," Harry reminded her. "You didn't have to make yourself appear to me and only me."

Alex cocked an eyebrow at him. "You clearly have no idea how this works," she said dryly. "And before you ask, no, I am not going to 'enlighten' you."

Harry decided against answering, knowing that it wouldn't accomplish anything, and would only lead to another unwanted conversation. The whole situation that he found himself in gave him a headache just thinking about it. Harry slammed his book shut and pushed away from the table. Forget studying. He wasn't getting anything done. Besides that, it was nearly time for dinner. Rising to his feet, Harry began to gather his spare parchments, quills, and ink-bottles and stuff them into his bag.

Alex hopped off of the table she was perched upon, a grin lighting up her face. "Where are we going?" She asked, falling in step with Harry as he exited the library. "Somewhere interesting, I hope. More interesting than a library, that is. Not that libraries are boring. I actually find them very interesting, when I can actually use the books. But I can't use the books, for obvious reasons. Which makes them boring. Are we going somewhere were we can talk? That would be nice. Do you think that –"