Goblets and Grimaces

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek (or a dream)

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: Seeing as I am neither British, Japanese, or a man; it stands to reason that I am neither J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, or Rick Riordan, which means I do not own their respective works. In addition, I do not own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Edward

"Come on Brother, it's only for one night!" Alphonse pleaded, attempting to pacify his older brother. "You know that the Colonel-"

"Since when do I care what that jerk tells me to do?" Edward spat back, crossing his arms and glaring at Al. "Besides, he'd never find out!" Ed's eyes narrowed. "Unless you tell him, of course."

A sighing sound echoed from within Al's armour. "That's not very ethical of you, Brother."

Ed waved his hand dismissively. "It's just a stupid uniform, Al! I haven't worn one before, so why should I start now?" Edward's glare hardened. "I can 'represent my country' perfectly fine without wearing a bunch of uncomfortable blue cloth!"

Alphonse remained silent, standing in the same position in the middle of the bedroom. Edward did the same, not lessening his harsh look in the slightest. Several seconds ticked by. Edward shifted uncomfortably. Alphonse kept staring. Somewhere nearby, a clock chimed.

"...I'm not wearing it, Al."

"..."

"There's nothing you could say to convince me!"

"..."

"I'm not going to wear it!"

~o~O~o~

One hour later, a decidedly unhappy Edward Elric was standing outside the Hogwarts castle along with the rest of the school, awaiting the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. In full uniform.

"Dammit, how the hell did I let Al talk me into this?" Ed grumbled under his breath, rotating his shoulders under the itchy blue cloth. Letting out a small huff, he forced himself to ignore the not-so-discreet stares from the many Hogwarts students.

'Really, you'd think that they've never seen a military uniform before.' Edward stopped, considering. 'Actually, that might be the case for most of them...do wizards even have a formal army?'

A cry from the students pulled Edward's attention back to the present. The cause of the outburst was obvious as a giant carriage, pulled by golden horses, swept over the Hogwarts grounds and landed nearly on top of the students. A boy, obviously a student, hopped from the carriage first before pulling down a step stool to allow the rest of the occupants to disembark. The first to exit the carriage was a woman of the same stature as Hagrid, followed by a dozen or so students.

Dumbledore introduced the woman as Madame Maxime, headmistress of Beauxbatons. Edward concluded that either the headmistress had parents with a terrible sense of humor, or she had the worst luck Ed had seen in a while.

After a brief conversation between Dumbledore and Madame Maxime about the care of her horses (which apparently drank whiskey - Ed added that to his mental list of Magical Animal Things to Tell Al), Madame Maxime ushered to her students and they entered the castle.