Decisions and Deliberation

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek (or a dream)

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: Seeing as I am neither British, Japanese, or a man; it stands to reason that I am neither J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, or Rick Riordan, which means I do not own their respective works. In addition, I do not own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

"He what?!" Thalia cried, staring at Nico in shock. "How is that even possible?!"

"That's what I said," Nico said, shifting his weight in agitation.

"So you're saying that Edward somehow...wasn't affected by the mist?" Percy asked. "Everyone else is fine, why should he be any different?"

Thalia ran her hand through her hair and sighed in frustration. A gentle breeze sent ripples across the lake. Silence dominated the group. Finally, Nico spoke.

"We have to come up with something to tell him," the boy said as he lowered himself to sit on the grass. "We're supposed to meet him in the quidditch pitch at nine tonight, and he wants answers."

"What are we supposed to tell him?" Percy asked. "We can't possibly tell him the truth!"

Thalia frowned in concentration. "Maybe if the mist won't work, we could obliviate him?" She suggested.

Nico shook his head. "He'll be expecting something like that, Thals. We need to tell him something believable."

"Maybe we can tell him the truth," Percy said slowly. "Not all of it," he hurried to assure at Nico and Thalia's incredulous looks. "We could tell him that we knew that Sirius was innocent, and that changing everyone's memories was the only way for him to go free."

"But how are we going to tell him we knew that Sirius was innocent?" Thalia pointed out. "As far as he knows, there were eyewitnesses who saw Sirius kill Luna and Susan. There's no reason for him to believe us!"

Nico bit his lip and stared into the water. "Maybe...maybe we should tell him the truth. The whole truth, I mean."

Thalia turned to gape at Nico. "Were you not listening when Chiron told us that we could not tell anyone that we're from the future?! Or did that fly right past you?!"

"Well we don't really have another choice, Thalia!" Nico snapped. "Besides, this is different! Edward isn't a part of the original timeline – he's an anomaly! I get that we can't tell Harry and the others, because they can't know their own future, but telling Edward won't really do much harm...right?"

"And what if it turns out we can't trust him?" Thalia challenged, her voice rising in anger. "What if we tell him and then he turns around and –"

"And what, Thalia?" Nico interrupted. "Who's he going to tell? Besides that, why would he? We know that Elsie is planning to use him for something, so it's not like he's working with her – not to mention, we've already told him nearly everything else about us!"

"Nico may have a point, Thalia," Percy said cautiously. "So far, Edward hasn't told anyone that we're demigods, or about the prophecy, or anything else we've told him."

Thalia grimaced. "I guess that's true," she admitted grudgingly. "But still...I don't like this. At all."

"Neither do I," Nico said, rising to his feet. "It's just that we don't really have another choice. And besides..." Nico hesitated. "It may be good to have another ally."