Clashes and Conviction

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek (or a dream)

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: Seeing as I am neither British, Japanese, or a man; it stands to reason that I am neither J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, or Rick Riordan, which means I do not own their respective works. In addition, I do not own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

Percy looked up from his homework as Harry stumbled into the common room. The bedraggled wizard staggered over to where Percy and the others were sitting and collapsed into a chair with a groan.

"How was your private lesson?" Percy asked, smirking.

Harry cracked his eyes open enough to glare at Percy, then shifted his glare to Nico, who was sitting on the floor. "This is all your fault," he muttered.

Nico didn't even bother looking up from his parchment. "I'm helping you," he said absently as he dipped his quill into the inkwell next to him. "You'll thank me later."

"Well," Hermione began calmly, "at least you don't have any broken bones this time."

Harry groaned again. "Doesn't matter," he said. "I still ache all over. Do you know what he did today?"

No one answered. Nico raised his eyebrows. "Do tell," he prompted.

Harry sat up in his chair, a wild look in his eyes. "He threw a knife at my head. Because I 'didn't get up fast enough'. My head!"

Hermione stopped petting Crookshanks and stared at Harry, eyes wide. "He what?" She cried, obviously shocked.

"Well," Percy began. "It obviously didn't hit you, seeing as you're sitting right here, perfectly fine."

"It was right next to my face!" Harry countered. "A little to the right and I wouldn't have a nose anymore!"

"But - but that could have killed you!" Hermione tightened her grip on her cat, causing the animal to yowl in discomfort and leap from her lap. Hermione didn't seem to notice. "He - he could have killed you," she repeated numbly.

"That's what I've been saying," Harry grumbled. "First Malfoy's stupid badges, then the stupid wand weighing, then Rita Skeeter's 'interview', THEN I get knives thrown at my head - what else could go wrong today?!"

"I'm sure he wasn't actually trying to hurt you," Nico said, attempting to pacify Harry. "Besides, you're probably going to have way worse stuff thrown at you in the tournament."

"Literally and figuratively," Percy added brightly. Harry groaned for a third time.

Hermione had finally recovered from her initial shock. "Someone needs to tell him to be more careful," she said decidedly. "You should talk to him, Harry."

Harry shook his head frantically. "No way am I going to tell him that! Last time I asked if there was a better way to learn, my leg got broken!"

Hermione hesitated. "Percy," she finally said. "You should go talk to him."

Percy dropped his quill. "Me?" He protested. "Why me? Why not you?"

"Because you've learned combat before," Hermione explained patiently. "You can tell him that there are better ways to teach something like that."