Chapter 24: Mistake

"Now then... your time has lapsed..."

As she presented those words, a black miasma began forming on her hand... I wasn't sure what was happening yet I was immediately put on alert:

"Wait what are you doi-"

*drop* *drop* *drop*

But... In an instant, that monster... had plunged her hand deep into my abdomen, making my blood gush out and spill on a non-existent floor... As the monster began talking...

"Are you feeling it yet...?"

I didn't understand what she meant, and she saw my this...

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"

She had just twisted my insides with her hand, as I felt some of my insides begin to rupture...

"This suffering... this is what you felt, yet you're forgiving...?"

"..."

I did not understand what she meant... It may have been due to the unbearable pain, the feeling of disgust and sickness I got from simply being in this space or something else... but nothing seemed to stop her anger...

"Why are you pardoning those who wronged you, HUH?"

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I could only scream as I started tasting blood in my mouth... I could feel every last bit of pain and suffering she was providing me...

"But that doesn't matter... You'll fail eventually..."

*drop* *drop* *drop*

The monster... had finally released my insides from her grasp... and pulled out her hand from my abdomen... As I began to feel my consciousness fading away I heard her muttering a final sentence...

"Goodbye Reiki, I'll be seeing you..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

I screamed loudly as I sat upright...

But as I scanned the scenery around me... It instantly came to my attention...

'...My room...?'

I was back at the inn... laying on my bed... which was filled to the brim with sweat... and blood...?

I pushed the covers away, revealing what I had been fearing...

I gaping hole in my abdomen, gushing out blood... I felt the pain from it, yet I wasn't sure how to react...

'Wasn't that a nightmare...?'

I was left wondering at my disgusting wound...

'Why... am I hurt...?'

If my encounter with... that... had been in my dreams... then why am I hurt...

However, before I could think more about this strange wound...

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"REIKA ARE YOU OKAY?! WE'RE COMING IN!!!"

Without waiting for me to even reply, Myria and Scarlet both stormed the room, knocking down the door in the process...

"I'm fine..."

I had barely managed to cover my wound with the mattresses as I spoke with a fake scared look on my face...

Both Scarlet and Myria looked at me worried as Myria grabbed my shoulders, looked at me dead in the eye and asked preoccupied:

"Are you hurt anywhere? Why did you scream?"