author's note

Hello world,

I'm new to poetry and I've never done this before, but I'm somewhat fascinated by the idea that a minimal use of words has the capacity to project a universe of meanings, interpretations and emotions. Truly, there is a beauty to this art, and I can only dream of being as good as those who are successful in grasping the hearts of readers with mere words. Truly, there is an evangelical zeal to this art, this kind of art that creates beautiful things from a void of emotions. This kind of art powered by intensity of emotions, whether it be good or bad.

I'm not quite sure which form to take, and I am terrible at rhyming so I usually stick to free style. But I want to experiment on short verses, excerpts, proses and short narratives of my mess of thoughts.

Frankly, my experience through the devasting loss of the one I love the most has driven an intense fight between my internal monologue; that is my head and my heart for that matter. It became a catalyst to this new venture, which I hope some day will make sense. I'm in such a weird place at the moment, in between holding on and letting go. To fight or give up, to move forward or look back.

I do hope that one day, my love will find a way back. But for now, our memories will serve as a bittersweet reminder of what our entwined hearts used to be, what it is, what it could be and what it will be. It will serve as a reminder that this will be what it is for now, a beautiful moment in time.

D, this is all for you.

Love

"I don't know what it is like to love someone, who the world tells me I am not supposed to love. I can't imagine how hard it must be to love someone I am afraid to kiss on the street.

But I do know what it is like to love someone who I cannot be with. I know how it feels to have my brain tell me one thing, and my heart another. To love with the knowledge that if circumstances had been different, I would be with the one I love.

I do know there are all kinds of barriers to love. I do believe the world needs less of them."

-Lang Leav