Chapter 4--Unexpected Visit

(Marinette POV)

               Since I'd been in such a daze, it took me a bit longer to get home.  

               Golly...I can't believe what a day it's been!  I know I have a lot to think about, but not here.  I'd finally arrived home.  Glancing up at my balcony, I had an idea.  Well, no time like the present!  Not to mention, I really just need to unwind...

                I ran upstairs, saying hi to my parents on the way up.  My mom had some freshly brewed green tea, which she poured some into a glass for me, along with ice and a splash of milk.  Papa came over with a plate of fresh from the oven cookies, giving me a couple.

               "So, sweetie, how did your first day back go?" Mom asked me.

                I nearly choked on a biteful of cookie.  "Uh, yeah, it was fine.  So far nothing too exciting."  I answered, while grabbing my goodies.  "I'm, uh, gonna go upstairs.  See ya."

                I made my escape to my room.  Letting Tikki out of my purse, I handed her one of my cookies.

              "Oh my goodness, Tikki!  How did all this happen?  I just wanted to have a normal first day with everyone, and then all this happened!  I swear, there must be something wrong with me.  I draw trouble to me like a magnet."  I pouted, biting into a cookie.

               "Well, I can kinda see what they're all talking about.  You really do seem to gravitate misfortune to you.  We just need to figure out a way to reverse or steer clear of it!"  Tikki replied.

               I sighed.  Well, I guess it can't be helped.  I need to relax... Stripping down and wrapping a towel around me, I grabbed my tea, sunglasses, and my sketch book and climbed up onto my balcony.

               Setting my tea and book on the little table, I stretched out in my lawn chair, face up, with my towel lightly draped over my naked frame.  Time to sunbathe all my troubles away...

(Adrien POV)

               I didn't feel like playing the piano, so I left my cell phone on, stared out my window, pondering what I should do.

              Plagg was eagerly enjoying a clump of his favorite cheese, which totally stunk up my room.

             "I don't want be cooped up in my room right now.  I wanna go out..."  I told Plagg.

            "Go out?  But we just got home!  Besides, I'm enjoying this delicious cheese right now.  You can't make me go!"  He complained.

              "Plagg.  Claws Out!"  I said, not giving him a choice and transforming into Cat Noir.

              Leaping out the window and climbing rooftops, I ran along aimlessly, trying to find something to cure my boredom.  Wandering around, I eventually found myself near a very familiar bakery.

              This is Marinette's place.  I thought.  I wonder if she's home already...one quick peek!  With that, I jumped up onto a ledge of a nearby building that overlooked Marinette's little balcony.

              I had to grab hold of the ledge with both hands and sucked in a panicked breath.  There she was, out on the balcony--practically naked!  All she was wearing was a skimpy little towel, which barely served any purpose but to get my libido working.

              Lying on her back, eyes closed, arms behind her head.  One slender leg crossed over the other up near the knee.  Her beautiful cream-colored skin shone with a glint of sweat and everywhere that was exposed to the sun now were turning almond in color.