Chapter 12- Chaos In Paris

(Marinette POV)

           Making a flashy (if not slutty) entrance, Pheromone and Volpina had us surrounded in the front with illusions of themselves; thanks to Volpina's special ability.  They were all doing various things, from cat-calling, whistling, offering up profanity while showing body parts and pleas to Adrien.

          "Well, well, well.  What do we have here?  If it isn't my least favorite superhero, the fashion-disaster bug.  I see you set my sex toy free.  Shame, shame.  Could I have him back, please?"  Pheromone asked sarcastically with a giggle.

           "Yeah, come on, puppy-wuppy.  Come back to Auntie!"  Volpina sneered, taunting Adrien.

           Glancing at Adrien, I checked to see if he was scared.  But that wasn't the case.  Fists clenched, he was glaring at the two Akumatized girls.  It made me smile.  I really did admire his courage.

          I frowned in defiance towards them.  "Nope.  In this game, I'm playing for keeps.  So I'm taking him back now; you've used him long enough.  Now it's time to pay for what you've done!"

         "What I've done?"  Oh, sweetie, the fun's only just beginning.  That ring was only one facet of my power.  Now it's time to witness the bigger picture.  You ready?"  With that, she swaggered over to the ledge; jumping up onto it.  In a booming voice, she began.  "People of Paris!  I am Pheromone.  Look at me!"

          Everyone down below on the bustling streets stopped what they were doing, peering up; curious.  Removing the SD card from her necklace, she then outstretched her hands, making the photo square with her fingers.  Using the SD card as the button, the square released an incredibly large amount of her pink mist.  It speedily whisked its way down the side of the building and saturated every person down below.

          Fearing what was to come, I suddenly turned my back on them and leaned towards Adrien's ear.  "Adrien, while I admire your courage, I could really use your help right now."  I whispered.

          He looked at me questioningly.

           "Take this phone.  Call the number that's programmed into it.  Tell Master Fu to send you Plagg."  I told him, sneaking him a disposable bug phone.

           Adrien's eyes grew wide in alarm.  He started to say something, but I covered his mouth.

          "Yes, Adrien, I know who you are.  Or should I say, who you BECOME.  After this is all over, I promise I will explain everything.  Including my own identity.  You deserve to know the truth."

            So many questions and emotions went side-by-side as they flitted across his face.  Determination being the last.  He smiled.  "I understand, Bugaboo.  I always dreamed the day would come.  I'd hoped to find out your secret first.  Oh well, at least now I don't have to hide how I feel.  Can't wait to hear the whole story later.  I'll be right back!"

           "What are you two lovebirds whispering about?  Can you please stop?  It's gonna make me gag."  Volpina complained.

         I turned back to face them as Adrien ran off out of view.

        "Where's he going?  He's not going to stay and watch the fun of us beating you?"  Pheromone asked with a smile.

        I smiled back.  "Oh don't worry; as you said, the fun's about to start!"  I flung my yo-yo out at them, causing them to scatter and regroup.  I immediately went on the offensive; buying time for Adrien to get done....