Chapter Five

"It's getting to be nearing the end for Mr. Armstrong," the doctor said, snapping them out of their thoughts with Mike's story.

He looked at his clipboard and shook his head at the notes that have been taken. As Mike was telling his story, nurses and doctors have been rushing in and out checking on Billie.

The three looked over at him. He definitely lost some of his bandages from his cuts healing, However, he showed no signs of waking up.

"I think we should just unplug the tubes keeping him alive, this feels like a waste, honestly." The doctor put his hands on Mike and Adrienne's shoulders, then switched over to Tre's shoulder.

"No!" Adrienne exclaimed "please, let's give time a chance" She was holding back tears by now

"Okay, I'm giving one hour left, but I'm afraid if he doesn't wake up by then, we'll..." he made a gesture with his finger to indicate he was slitting his throat

"Fine." Adrienne agreed, but her tone said otherwise. Frankly, she thought all of it was bullshit at this point.

Mike and Tre just sheepishly looked at the floor. Whenever the thought of Billie not making it was brought up, all they wanted was to avoid eye contact.

"Mike, care to continue?" Adrienne asked as she sighed. She didn't want to waste a single moment

"Maybe Tre should tell a little bit of the story," Mike suggested

He wanted a break from telling the story. Simply because he really wanted to know what Tre and Billie were going when he wasn't around

"Mike, Tre's not saying a word until you finish." she shot back at him "If you finish in 20 minutes, that would give Tre 40 minutes to talk before they.." her voice broke "..kill him"

"Okay, I'll continue." he agreed

__

Mike's Point of View;

We walked into a store that was still open. it was full of people and when I saw this, I put my shades back on to hide my face.

I looked around to see what my options were. I needed a rope, a wrench, and goggles. Tre was off getting the other items. I thought to myself: were could I find a rope?

I started walking towards the hardware section. It was full of tools and other useful bits. I did find a wrench but I had to confirm with Tre what size we needed. I got out my phone and texted him.

Mike: Hey I found the wrenches. What size do we need though?

Tre: 21''

Mike: K <3

read 9:27pm

I scanned the wall for the 21''. It looked as if there were 1,000,000 different sizes. I eventually found the right size and moved on the next item on the list, not going in piratical order.

"Hmm, googles, where would I find those?" I asked myself

"Try looking in the woodworking section," Someone said, as they walked by

"Ok, thanks." I said and started walking over there

___

The woodworking section was covered with sawdust, probably from all denominations. There was saws and tools everywhere, along with boxes full of kits on how to make wooden furniture.

I asked someone who works there about the goggles and he said they had some. I felt uncomfortable with a long pause he took because I felt like he recognized me.

That was the last thing I wanted at the moment because I was already stressed enough. I felt better, though, with my shades on.

He took me in the back and there was a box filled to the brim with googles. I reached in a felt lucky about the pair I grabbed.

I thought about how Billie must be doing in the big house. What is to come of Green Day without him?

"Thank you, that will be all," I said, walking away from the salesman. "Um actually, ..." I laughed, kinda embarrassed "...where might I find some rope?"

He pointed East. It was funny in a sense how he was so quiet

"Thank you." I said and walked away

___

It felt like I was walking in Wonderland, being surrounded by bed sheets, carpets, and furniture. It all felt surreal to me, how all the stuff fit together to feel like one big landscape

I looked around and noticed Tre looked at rubber gloves. He picked up a pair that said "Electricity proof" and threw them into the cart.

Earlier, we put electric proof glove on our list in case there was an electric fence.

I shook it off and kept walking to where the man told me to go to find the rope. I thought to myself how crazy my life was and then just laughed.

I found the rope and started looking for the right length. Similar to the wrenches, it felt like there was 1,000,000 different kinds of rope.

I found the right rope and excitedly grabbed it. When I put my hand on it, someone else did to. It was a female.

When I saw her my face sunk and I felt a knot in my stomach. My whole body wanted to collapse, but I managed to stay up, barely,

It was the girl from the bar.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the man who threw up on me." She said with a tone that was in between angry and almost sarcastic.

"I- I'm sorr-" I was cut off

"Zip it, I don't want to hear it!" She was defiantly angry

I just quickly grabbed the rope and ran away as far as possible. As I was running I tripped on a nail and twisted my ankle.

"Damn it!" I yelled as I was crying in pain

___

"Oh!" Adrienne chimed in "That would explain all the limping," She said as she looked down at Mike's foot.

"Yeah, it was pretty shocking," He started "But just wait what happens next."

___

Mike's Point of View;

I was in so much pain that I became unconscious and the last thing I remember from the store was someone dragging me out. They seemed like they were straining but I was definitely moving.

"Tre..?"