Part 5

Part 5 ~ Attacked

The Alpha's sons took me to see where the training is done, where meetings and other social gathers are held. They pointed out a few homes and who lived there.  I could see the Pack had a sizable territory and was large in size based on the people, I saw walking about.  They talked about the pack and the surrounding areas.  It was cute how they seemed to pick up were the other one left off while talking.  I wonder if the know they, do it? Josh was on one side of me and Matt on the other.  I felt safe and I could feel their body heat coming off them in waves. Sometime our arms would touch, and the tingling sensation was always present with both of them. I wonder what this was all about. I did not feel this with the Alpha, Beta or Cindy.

I don't know why but I also knew which one was Josh and which one was Matt.  They both were 5' 11" and had short light brown hair.  Both obviously worked out, but were not overly muscular, just toned. I was trying not to be obvious when I was checking them out but saw them both looking at me too.  I noticed they both had deep blue eyes.  They reminded me of the sky in my world just before dawn.

I must have sighed or something because Josh put his hand on my arm to stop me from walking.  "Is everything ok Chloe? You seem deep in thought." I blushed at being caught admiring them both.

"Yeah, I was just thinking of home.  I wasn't happy there anymore, but I still miss it and Nina.  She was my best friend, well to be honesty my only friend.  My people didn't like me much. They saw me of as a reminder of the past."  I said not really thinking.

"Why would they view you that way?" Matt asked sounding angry on my behalf.

I thought about my answer for a moment before responding, but Josh spoke before I could speak my lie.  "You don't need to tell us if you are not ready.  We understand that you will need time to get to know us better and to trust us.  If anything, we hope that by spending time with Josh and I more you will one day open up to us." Josh said in a soft voice, but looking from one to the other, I could see the frustration and hurt look on their faces. I could tell the words were heartfelt though.

"Trust is an issue for me because other than Nina who I shared everything with I have never trusted anyone else."  I don't know why I was explaining myself. All I know is I didn't want to see either of them hurt.

Suddenly I get a bag feeling like something bad is going to happen.  "Umm....Josh where are we know?"  I ask hesitantly while looking around for signs of danger.

"We are almost along the Northern border of our packs territory why?"  He asks noticing I am looking around as if missing something. Both Josh and Matt instantly when on the defense.  They sniffed the air as they move me behind them backing up more into their territory.   Suddenly I heard each of them growl low, but deadly.

"Josh, do you smell the rogues?" Matt said to his brother

"Yeah, I do. I don't like this.  I'm calling for backup. There must be four or five of them.  We need to protect our mate.  If it comes to fight each of us will have to fight, but that leaves Chloe unprotected and I won't take the chance of someone going after her because she on our land." Josh replied.

"Dad we need help. We are at the Northern border, and we smell several rogues.  We concerned one will attach Chloe while we are fighting." Josh links up to his dad.

"Yeah, it's strange Chloe knew something was wrong before the wind shifter and we caught a faint sent.  I don't think they know we know they are coming yet. Gives us an advantage and hopefully enough time for patrol or others to get here." Matt added.

"I'm coming in with Scott, Adam, and a few other warriors. Your sister is coming too so she can stay with your mate. We are on our way.  Protect my daughter in law" Jared spoke.

"Guys what's going on?"  Chloe said.  She started to feel hot all of a sudden.

Suddenly five wolves came into view.  Matt and Josh stepped up to fight. Matt Says low "stay back. help is on the way" and then they transformed shredding their cloths.  Oh, my god they are going to fight.  What is they get hurt?  I couldn't stand that. Chloe thought to herself not paying attention. The twins where already running forward to engaged with the other wolves.  I don't want my guys to get hurt was all I could think about.  Wait my guys? Suddenly on her right said she got a glimpse of a gray wolf approaching her. It leapt to attach her, and she held up her arms falling back expecting to have the wolf on top of her.  When she opened her eyes though the wolf was caught in midair. It looked like the wolf was stuck in mid jump, yet still trying to get to her.  She flung her left arm to the left and bam the wolf went flying into a massive tree and yelped.

What just happened was my last through as I fell into darkness.