Chapter 10

"Sir. There is a call for you on hold. It's on line 1."

"Thank you, Stacy. I will take it in a few."

Dereck released the transfer call and turned to the group of people sitting before him in the conference room. The room was equipped with four rectangular tables, with comfortable upholstered chairs and AV-equipped with PC-compatible projection equipment. Light from the projector gave a soft luminescent glow above the curious faces in the dark room.

Dereck looked at the small aged coin in his hand, twiddling it in his fingers. The light bounced off from the coin, revealing a chipped edge and year on the front, and a faded sentence many years ago very few spoke in the language of God on the back. It was a prized possession given to him by his great-grandfather. The memory was so tedious he dared not to relive it. He asked in a nonchalant tone, "Mr. John Hawuick. You were continuing off from where your biotech robot was going to be of use for my next project expedition?"

A young man who looked no more than in his late twenties fidgeted on the spot. His back was hunched forward slightly as he gathered his thoughts for the next subject in his presentation. Presenting his companies product in front of one of the highest money tycoons in the economy was nerve-wracking. If he messed up once, he won't be able to live to see the next day.

He adjusted his tie and cleared his throat, "Ahem, uhm; referring back to the mechanical arm robot we have built at DetectSync, its AI software is more advanced than the average IQ of a human which is around 100 or more; we believe our machine can solve the most ingenious puzzle and or problem you throw at it. For example, we threw the machine at the hardest entry level exam to enter a college, and decrypt codes from one of the rarest ancestry tablets our human species have unearthed in the many years in the past; and will continue to solve more in the future. Even its physical capabilities are beyond impressive."

Dereck glanced at the clock then at the slide on the projector. His eyes speaking as if saying to impress him than the time limit on the clock.

He stuttered and continued, "Be-be-because it's very hard for normal robotics that can generate at least one-tenth the strength of an average person to be able to tread through the Earth. Normally a human that could control a heavy dutied machine like those of an excavator. Our biotech company is the one who will achieve success towards your goal because our AI machine which is named T.A.M. which is the acronym for 'Think and Move', is five times their original length and has the ability to lift up to 85 times to its own weight. Your expedition would take no more than a month to complete...sir."

Dereck starred on the last slide that showed a picture of the companies product and the statistics. He continued to twirl the coin in his fingers as he thought of the next step in his project. Knowing Dereck, he would always go for the best of the best, meaning it had to have the best mental and physical state to move forward. If it wasn't up to par with his expectations, then he simply threw it aside. He had no need for things that slowed down his process of achievement, even if it means hurting the ones that matter. He learned this long ago when his father showed him how he worked in one of his expeditions.

He stopped twirling the coin in his finger and looked up, giving a sly grin, "As expected as one of the top biotech companies in the country. I expect to see the fully developed project ready on my next visit to your company, Mr. Hawuick. As for the rest of you, it was a pleasure hearing your...ideas. My colleague will show you out."

Nathan nodded, taking the document resumes from each of the company representers, thanking them respectively with a warm smile, "Thank you, gentlemen, the exit is this way..."

The young man beamed in delight and gave a respectful nod to the president. He took out a handkerchief from his front breast pocket and wiped the sweat from his brow, "Of course Mr. Sparks, I will have it finished and ready on your visit at the company. As we speak, it is in half development."