Chapter 7

"Excuse me?"

General Hagan sighed, "You will work with someone from the New York Agency on this case, Ms. Cho. General Wayne and I spoke over the phone last night and as much as I am concerned over the agents going missing, so is he. We think it's best if we had two of our men to work together on this special case. This is very serious and until we find out who is behind all this, we will not allow anyone of our people be alone when they go out on their cases. If you see anything suspicious or attacked call us immediately, understood?"

Cassandra frowned, "I refuse to work with a partner. They do nothing but bring you down and use your trust."

He raised an eyebrow, "Did something happen with someone you worked with in the past?"

She shook her head, "Forget it. I rather do this solo than duo. It's safer and less aggravating if one or the other person head butts each other in the face."

Cassandra and Jane were sitting on the couch in General Hagans office. Snacks and water were laid out in front of them on the coffee table. Jane took a bite out of the snacks as she looked between the two family members, humor in her eyes as she watched the drama unfold. Cassandra was frustrated on hearing this news. One, it's because she always went solo on cases excluding the exception she had to work with someone by her client or the higher ups orders, and two, Cassandra had a bad feeling about this.

Her uncle stood from his desk and went to his file cabinet, "I understand your upset, but this is the only option to keep track of our agents and that they are safe."

She scoffed and sat down, snagging a cookie from the bowl, "So what, are you guys also going to put dog tags on us as well?"

Jane snorted and Hagan glared at her, "No, we will not put dog tags on YOU. We are not savages."

Cassandra mumbled, "Yeah right."

Hagan looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "Do you mind repeating that Ms. Cho? I am open for opinions."

Cassandra huffed and took a sip of the cool glass water, "I mean you are right, General Hagan, sir, we are not savages but you know I do cases solo. I don't need backup nor a partner excluding the fact it is needed when called upon. No offense Jane."

She shrugged and opened another snack, "None taken."

He sighed, "Just this one time I will need you to partner up with someone Ms. Cho."

She smirked and crossed her arms, "And just this one time I refuse until I know who I will be working with."

He ignored her and pulled out two yellow folders, closing the cabinet drawer. He handed it to the girls. "Look on the bright side, you will be visiting the same location in New York, this time, Ms.Munroe will be going with you for support."

Jane squealed and clapped her hands together, "Is that why you called for me, General? Oh my gosh this is so exciting! Cassandra, you and I can finally be partners for once and our team name will be called, 'Da bomb-"

"We will not have a team name! Nor will there ever be one!"

Jane pouted, "But it's been so many years since we have worked on a case together."

Cassandra's mouth twitched as Jane pretended to give the puppy-dog eye look. Her blue eyes widening ever so slightly, and her posture was like an innocent child that wanted the toy she wanted so much for Christmas which Cassandra knew there was a she-devil behind that mask. Cassandra groaned and turned to her uncle, "So she is coming too?"

He nodded, sitting down in his chair and turning the power on his computer, "Yes, her skills and knowledge will be needed on the battlefield. How do I know this? Well, call it a sixth sense."