feelings are fatal

Wyatt
-
I walked into the house, surprised the door had been unlocked. "Max!" I called out his name, my smile wide. "They offered me a scholarship!" I walked in the direction of his room, a skip in my step. "It's all the way in California so I'm thinking about turning it down so I can be with yo.." My mouth shut instantly, seeing Max passed out on his bed, clothes scattered everywhere. Not to mention how the room reeked of alcohol. "Max what happened?" I asked, taking in the sight. He groaned and sat up on the bed, looking over at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Come here." He muttered under his breath. I walked over to him, only to find myself pinned onto the bed. My eyebrows turned inwards, confused as to what was happening.

"Max, stop. Let me go." I said sternly. He only tightened his grip. My chest rose up and down at a quick pace, trying to find a way to get out of the situation. He'd never acted like this.

"Noah.." He breathed out the name and I couldn't believe what I had heard. My heart split, right then and there. I kicked my legs and squirmed around until I was free, storming towards the door. I swung it open, only to have it closed by Max. He pressed himself against my back.

"I said to stop!" I shouted, spinning around and shoving him away. I didn't realize the water streaming down my cheeks.

"But I love you." His eyes were filled with sorrow, not matching his actions at all. My heart stopped at the comment, but I realized that he didn't. Don't say something you don't mean.

"You love me because I look like Noah. You don't love me." I point at him then myself, my lips trembling. I could've filled a whole bucket, how much I was crying. Max's eyes moved away from my own. I wanted to know what he was thinking. If he knew what he was doing right now. If he could hear a single word he was saying, if he knew how badly he was hurting me.

"No.. I don't-"

"Look me in the eyes right now and say that you love me." My bottom lip got caught between my teeth, every part of my body screaming for him to tell me I was wrong, that he loved me and not Noah.

Say it, Max. Say it.

Please.

But it doesn't happen. He didn't even look at me. My breathing slowed, the tears stopping. I took one last look around the room, my eyes stopping on a picture of him and who I would assume was Noah. He did look a lot like me, but there was big difference. Max looked a lot more happier with him than with me.

I took a deep breath, turning to Max.
"I hope you find Noah." I say, pushing down all my urges to yell and scream that he should be with me. That I wouldn't leave him. But I would be lying, cause here I was, leaving.

I shut the front door to the house, taking out my phone and dialing a number.

"Hi! Yeah, I'd like to know more about that scholarship.."

< •-•-• >

a/n: i'm sorry ;c don't hate me <3

i love reading your predictions so tell me what you guys think will happen :))

p.s. don't be a silent reader! make sure to vote if the chapter was good ♡