15.

SkyeWaltersPOV.

October 8th. Wednesday.

9:00 AM (ish)

*Are you sure you'll be able to do it?* Nash texts me.

*Please, it's not my first time sneaking out of school stupid :P* I say rolling my eyes. Not that I really have to sneak out anyway. These teachers won't do anything to me.

*Hey! Don't call me stupid! I loke you and will see you soon. <3* He sends and I laugh.

I'm glad that we agreed on loke. Meaning like and love. We're both unable to commit I guess.

We were in the car on Monday and Nash was trying to say "I love you." He believed that it's what feels right but he said he doesn't want to say it until he's sure it's true. I feel the same way. I believe that with saying those three sacred words, trouble comes along. And we have enough of that as it is.

Monday was insane. Aside from the morning and May beating the absolute hell out of Evan, later that day I find out she got suspended. And unlike all these people making up assumptions, I went and asked the principal. 

May got suspended for fighting Evan. Evan didn't get suspended because he's the "star quarterback." Because that's fair, right?

May is suspended for the week so of course, Nash wants to go visit her. Why he couldn't do it after school I'll never know. But I told him I'd come along.

He thinks it's because I feel bad for her when actually, her heart is broken and Nash is an emotional person. I don't want anything, unadmirable, happening.

We agreed on visiting her today. Nash skipped the day completely but I have a perfect attendance record that needs to stay in tact. As long as I'm here for first period, all is well. So that's why I'm leaving like right now.

I get up and ask to go to the bathroom, interrupting the teacher from his oh so boring lecture. He obliges and gives me a pass that I throw out when exiting the classroom.

When I get to one of the many back entrances of the school, I find Nash in his car waiting for me. As soon as we meet each other's eyes, we both smile.

I don't understand how someone could make me this happy by just looking at me.

And to think that I wasn't going to date him at first.

I get into his car and we drive over to May's house.

"I know how you feel about her so just, fake it for me?" Nash asks, bringing his hand to my left knee. I look down at it and smile, hoping it stays there.

I nod my head and say, "Anything for you."

When we pull in front of May's house, I scoff. Why is her house almost as big as mine?

Fake it, Skye. My subconsious says to me.

We walk up to her front door and Nash walks in without knocking or ringing the doorbell. I look at him like he's insane but I just follow him. As we're walking to May's room, I'm assuming, I see pairs of thongs and socks everywhere. 

I knew she was a whore.

I look up to see Nash's eyes on me, chuckling, "It's her mom and her dad. There sex drive is the largest I've ever heard of."

I slightly smile and curse at myself for always thinking the worst.

When we reach May's room we walk in to find her sitting on her bed staring at the ceiling. To my surprise, there's not many used tissues on the floor, or at least not as many as I would've had.

Nash sits on the end of May's bed and looks at her. She sniffles and leans up to hug him. He hugs her back while looking over to me. I nod my head because honestly, I'd kill to have a friend like Nash.

One that is always there for me not matter what mistakes I made. No matter if I disobeyed him or not. Just always there.

I smile to myself because I have a better version of that. I have a boyfriend like that. A boyfriend that I'd spend everyday with. A boyfriend that I know would spend everyday with me, with no hesatation.

A boyfriend that I love.

May Evans POV.

Continuation. 9:20 AM ( ish )

I pull away from Nash and turn towards the redhead standing in my doorway. She was the girl that showed me the video, and that's literally all I knew about her. " Who are you? "

She smiled, showing off her dimples and her pearly whites. " I'm Skye Walters, Nash's girl friend, Evan's cousin. "

I knew she was talking about my Evan, and my heart ached just hearing his name. Collecting my thoughts, I sat up in bed and ran a hand through my hair. " Nash you didn't tell me you had a girl friend. "

He chuckled dryly. " About that, honestly May, I do apologize because I have literally been the worst best friend ever. But yeah, this is my girl friend. "

I smiled at my best friend, the way his eyes lit up when he looked at Skye and spoke about her. My best friend was happy, so that made me happy.

Nash gestured for the girl to come in and she did, taking a seat on his lap. She turned to face me and gave me a sad smile. " Are you okay? That was a pretty good ass kicking you gave to my brother. He deserved it. "

My brows furrowed in confusion. " You said you guys were cousins. "

She blinked. " Evan is my cousin, but we're so close he can actually be my brother. He's always been there for me, through my hard days, and my good days. He's seen me at my both worst and best. I understand what he did was unacceptable but I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind it. Just like the time his dad left them, Evan completely lost it. He hasn't had it easy. I'm not telling you to give him another chance, because I wouldn't. I don't know, just here him out and follow your heart. "

I listened to the words Skye told me, hearing her say them you could tell she was a good person, however the look she was giving me said otherwise.

 (Check out our new story called Under One Roof!)