Monaco + Reader

"Come one, Monaco!" you pleaded. "Just tell me!"

Monaco, your friend and crush, merely laughed and poked your nose teasingly.

"I told you, you have to win against me in gambling, or else I won't tell you anything!" she announced, pulling a deck of cards from her pocket and waving them at you.

"I just want to know who you have a crush on!" you protested. "Besides, how could I beat you at gambling?! No one ever has!"

Monaco laughed again. "Exactly!"

"You don't want me to know, then?" you huffed, crossing your arms.

"Nope!"

"Why not?"

Your question seemed to catch her off guard, and she blushed, nervously toying with the cards still in her hands.

"Uh, well . . . b-because it's a secret!" she stammered. "You have to bet with me if you want an answer!"

"Hm." You considered her for a moment, then grinned deviously. "Alright. I'll make a bet with you, but it'll be you who does the gambling."

She stared at you suspiciously. "What's the bet?"

"I bet that you can't guess who my crush is in only three tries," you declared. "If you can, you don't have to tell me your secret. If you can't, you have to tell me without any more gambling or tricks. What do you say?"

She hesitated, and you could see that for once, she was unsure of her chances. However, she was practically the Queen of Gambling, and you had never known her to turn down a challenge, no matter what the odds.

Sure enough, she puffed out her cheeks in defeat. "Fine. I'll take your bet. Can I start guessing?"

"Go ahead."

"Is it France?"

You shook your head.

"England?"

"Nope."

She paused, thinking hard. A slow smirk spread across her face, and she asked sweetly, "What about Monaco? Is it me?"

You blushed. Oops - you hadn't thought she could really guess that you liked her.

Awkwardly, you looked down at your feet and grudgingly mumbled, "Drat . . . I should have known I couldn't win against you."

To your surprise, Monaco flung her arms about you so suddenly that the cards in her hand flew everywhere. Startled and confused, you stared at her.

"Monaco, what-"

"I think I'll tell you who I like anyway," she said innocently. "I like you too."

You blinked, and then the impact of what she had said finally sank in. You grinned, and without quite realizing it, leaned in to kiss her.