Chapter 18: Sealed with a Kiss!

Denn gets out of her chair and is about to head to her bed when I grab her arm. "Wait," I say.

Denn stops and looks at me, concerned. "What's wrong?"

"I just...I need to know what we are."

Denn blushes. "Well, as of right now, we're roommates." I let go of her arm and nod, defeated.

"But, of course, that is subject to change." Denn adds. She walks to her bed and lays down.

Is she flirting? Oh god. How do I not know this? I'm the master of this. I nod to myself and sit on my bed. I stare at Denn, unable to look away. "Subject to change, huh?" I whisper.

Denn smiles at me, teasing me. "Would it change in a good way or a bad way?" I ask. Denn just shrugs. "UGH!" I moan. "Stop teasing me!"

Denn gives me the most innocent look she could muster. "I have no idea what you're talking about, Ly."
I lay down on my back. "This is hopeless. I'm hopeless." Denn gets up. "I used to be good at this you know!" I exclaim as Denn climbs on top of me. "Wh-what are you doing?" I ask but Denn just shushes me.
We're face to face now and I can't help but just stare at her. She's beautiful.

Denn slowly leans down and kisses me right on the lips. Oh God. Oh God. Is this happening? This is nice. Unfortunately, the kiss is over entirely too soon and Denn swiftly gets off of me.

She smiles at me from a distance. "Are you happy now?"

I'm unable to form words. "That was...wow."

Denn grins and says, "Cool! I'm going to bed now.

We have school tomorrow and I want to be fully rested."

Going to bed? After THAT? "Wait!" I yell.
Denn sighs. "What?" She asks.
"You...you just..."

Denn laughs. "I thought that you were supposed to be good at this."
I chuckle. "So did I."

Denn lays down on her bed. "Listen," she starts, "I really like you and I'm willing to give us a shot but-"
"But?!" I cut her off.
Denn nods. "But," she confirms. "The furthest you are ever going to get is second base. Deal?"
I smile. "Deal."

"Oh," Denn adds, "And I want another Chihuahua puppy poster."

THE END