Chapter 2

Oliver's P.O.V.

I opened up my beautiful bakery once again today. I made sure that every table sparkled and the floor shined as I moved. I wonder how many customers I'll get today!

Around noon I heard the bakery's doors jingle as someone familiar walked in. It was a girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. Wasn't this (Y/n) from yesterday? "Hello poppet~" I greeted with my normal grin.

She smiled as she came up to me. "Hi Oliver! I wanted to say my compliments to the chef for the cupcake I had yesterday. It was really something special."

"The chef would be me~" I cheered. "Thank you, poppet. But you didn't have to go all the way here to say that!"

She shook her head. "I needed to!"

She made me grin. No one had really done that before. It made me feel... special. I thought for a little bit. "Hey poppet?"

She hummed in response.

"Would you like to stay for a while and have a chat? I'll even give you a cupcake, on the house."

She seemed shocked. "Really?"

I nodded and smiled a cheeky grin. She nodded happily. "Sure! But wouldn't I be a bother? What about the other customers?"

I frowned. "My bakery is new, so not much people stop by yet."

She nodded. I walked around the display case and led her to a seat that sat across from a table. Both of us sat down, facing each other.

First Person

This was the first time I really looked at Oliver's face. His hair was shiny, and looked fluffy to touch. The color was a strawberry blonde, though seemed to be more strawberry than blonde. His skin seemed to be smooth, almost like a model's. He was pale, more pale than me. But his paleness made his freckles pop out. He was covered in freckles. Though, that wasn't a bad thing. His eyes were somewhat strange. Though they appeared to be a nice shade of blue, the closer I looked, I swore I could've saw a pink swirl within both his eyes. His mouth didn't seem to be able to smile as widely as he does, but somehow, he managed to look related to Cheshire cat.

That led me to his outfit. It was very eye catching, just like his bakery. He wore a light pink shirt with a dark purple vest. Though I couldn't see his pants, I believed the color scheme continued. The thing that brought the look all together was his blue bow tie that matched his eyes.

So, deciding to start a conversation, I asked, "Do you work here alone?"

"Not all the time. Sometimes Allen helps me."

"Allen?"

"Allen is my brother. Though I'd stay away from him if I were you. He's kind of a player." Oliver leant in and whispered the last part.

I smiled and laughed a little as I nodded my head. Suddenly he looked as though an idea popped into his head. "Oh! I forgot about that cupcake! Same as yesterday?"

I nodded. "That sounds lovely."

He grinned his grin and scooted his remarkably patterened chair back as he made his way to the dislay case. The way he carried himself kind of reminded me of some sort of cartoonish characteristics. It was sort of unreal. Was this even real?