Chapter 12

The sun's rays beat down mercilessly on our red, hot skin. Our shirts were drenched with fresh sweat. Had we not brought waters with us, we would've died from thirst. I've been walking with Franceline for hours now, just like our first day in the human world. Only problem is, she was blabbering just as long.

"Where in the world are we going now, Max? I'm bored."

Here she goes again, asking for the nth time.

"I told you to stay at home, but you insisted to come with me. Don't say I didn't warn you," I said, not bothering to look at her.

I have started to look for Cecilia. I didn't really know where to start but one entry in Dhave's messy journal said "We would watch the sunset on their balcony everytime, her head resting on my shoulders, her hand on mine. It would be just the two of us, witnessing the beauty of the heavens in the brink between the light and the darkness."

A house with a balcony, interesting. That's a start, maybe it would give me clues. But all the houses I've seen so far have no decent balconies. It seems that this village is a squatter or something. Everyone seems to be poor.

"I know, but it's a lot more boring at Rye's. Just tell me what you are up to?" she asked, interrupting my cloud of thoughts.

 Did she drink a lot of coffee? Did she eat too much chocolate? I don't know and I don't care but the only thing I am aware of  was her recent hyper personality. She must've been so bored.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her question. I told her before that it was none of her business, yet she kept on bugging me. She still doesn't know what I came here for. She didn't have to know. All I knew was that she had confirmed her 'humanity' and she had nothing else to care about.

I walked faster, leaving her behind in a short distance. I thought it was a good idea.

"Max!" she shouted from behind, making random people turn their heads. "Hello? Hey. Hi. What's up. Uhuh. Alright. Say hi Max, hi." Now that was embarassing.

"Won't you just shut up, you're annoying me!" I barked. I sounded a bit harsh there but I didn't care as long as she would shut up. She has been talking the entire time!

"I would as long as you tell me what's going on," she added.

"I'm just walking! What's wrong with walking, huh? I just want exercise." I yelled. She was getting into my nerves. "Now can you please keep quiet, I can barely hear myself think."

It was quiet for a few moments when she started talking, again.

"I don't believe you," she said. She ran towards me and started chanting "Blah blah blah blah,"  incessantly while skipping around me. I clenched my fists. My face was getting red, as if steam was escaping from my ears. Ugh! I can't take it anymore.

"Know what? You, miss, can go home all by yourself!" I exclaimed. Immediately, I ran away, as fast as I could, far away from her.

"Max! Come back here!" I heard her cry from a distance. She was trying to catch up, but I am to fast for her. My anger slowly turned to sadism, knowing that she is alone and not with me. That would teach her not to annoy Max. She'd stop running anytime now and find her way home, away from me.

Phew! No trace of Franceline now. I should've thought of doing that earlier.

Now, a house with a balcony. Where oh where shall I find one. I've been walking around this town for hours. I've even been to some places twice now, and yet no balcony was found. I guess I have to ask the humans questions now. Tch, I hate asking questions to strangers. I always feel uncomfortable talking to them.