back to the leaf

I stood at the front gates glaring daggers at Kotetsu and Izumo. The shuddered in as I didn't let my glared up.

"You two brats. What do you think you're doing sleeping on the job again." I signed as I continued to glare.

"You are way too much like your father." They both mumbled.

I punched the desk they sat at causing them to jump in fear. I heard laughter and I turned around with a huge smile as I saw dad. I ran up to him and gave him a hug which he returned. He ruffled my hair before we both turned to the two glaring.

Kotetsu fainted while Izumo bowed apologising profusely to us. It was rather amusing. I felt an arm drop over my shoulder and I looked to see a smiling Hiro. Izumo began freaking should I felt my dad's glare shift to Hiro.

Hiro looked at my dad and Izumo for a moment before he smirked. He moved in front of me. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me towards him. He placed his hand under my chin before tilting it up and moving his face closer to mine. Our lips were mere centimetres away from one other.

I heard Izumo fainted but I couldn't care. Instead, I felt my face heat up from absolute embarrassment. I watched his smirk widen but he was, suddenly pulled away and now faced with my pissed dad. This just made Hisoka sensei laugh.

"You have officially made an enemy of Ibiki the head interrogator and Shizuko's father. I pray for your sanity kid." Hisoka sensei laughed.

"So brat you think you're good enough for my daughter huh?" Dad growled.

Hiro only smiled as he tried to hide his fear.

"Shizuko why don't you go to the Hokage while I deal with this thing." Dad said.

"Please don't kill him." I signed.

"I. Ant promise anything." He growled.

I decided to just leave know my dad wouldn't kill Hiro. Well, that's what I want to believe. Oh, Kami please let Hiro survive it would be a pain in my ass to clean up the mess.

I walked into the Hokage's office with Hisoka not far behind me. When I entered I saw lady Hokage looking at some files with Sakura and Shizune. Tsunade looked up at me and placed the file down.

"it's good to see you again Shizuko. I assume you had a productive time away." She said.

I simply nodded. Sakura came up to me with a smile and placed her hand on my shoulder. She changed over the years. We became close during the chunin exams where we became chunin.

"Sakura asked if there was any way we could somehow bring back your voice. So I've been looking at your medical files. Unfortunately, I can see no way to fix them." Tsunade said.

I only smiled and gave a small nod. I knew this fact a long time ago.

"However I have no intention of giving up on you Shizuko. I will keep studying until I find a way." Sakura declared.

I irked and looked at her slightly shocked. She just smiled at me with determination in her eyes. She grabbed my hands and smiled brightly.

"I promise you Shizuko I will do everything in my power to heal your vocal cords." She said.

I smiled and gave a small nod. I soon turned back to the Hokage.

"You are free to leave. I won't be sending you on a mission straight away. Why not get settled while you can." She said.

I nodded but before I left I slightly turned to the Hokage.

"Naruto hasn't returned yet. But he should be back soon." She said.

I again nodded before leaving. When I left I went to TI where dad was. I jumped up through the window to his office to see him talking to Hiro. I jumped into the room to see Hiro smiling. He waved at me.

"Hey Suzu. I have to go figure out where I'm staying but I'll catch up with you later." He said running off.

When the door closed behind Hiro I turned and glared at dad.

"You didn't hurt him to much right." I signed.

He smiled and shrugged making me roll my eyes. I walked up to his desk and sat down in front of him smiling.

"So he's the brat you sent letters about. The egotistical Nobel who you've grown a soft spot for?" Dad asked.

I smiled as I rested my chin on my hand and nodded. He laughed and ruffled my hair. We had a lot of catching up to do.