Wesley Taylor X Teenage!Reader

This got waaaaaayy longer than I expected lol but I hope you guys like it! Requested by @madelyn7755

I was lounging on my bed, studying for an upcoming exam when my bedroom door suddenly opened, my father Wesley Taylor prancing inside.

I rolled my eyes with an amused smile before attempting to go back to studying. I was quickly interrupted again when he bounced onto my bed next to me.

"So what kind of fun stuff is going on in here?" He asked, his iconic mischievous tone clear.

I answered him without looking up from my book, hoping he'd just leave me to my work. "Studying."

An unpleasant expression appeared on my dads face like he had just tasted something nasty. "Ugh you embarrass me. C'mon, we're going to a party." He replied, getting off the bed and taking my book from me, closing it.

Those five words set off my internal panic alarm, making my heart pound. "Dad, no! Please!" I pleaded, automatically grabbing the closest thing to me and holding onto it, almost like a comfort.

"Why? I don't understand why you always throw a fit over tiny stuff like this. It's a party." He said in an almost condescending tone, turning fully to face me again.

I scoffed lightly, already feeling tears pricking my eyes. "Why can't you just understand that I don't like going to them?" I shot back, trying to hide the fact that I was starting to cry for fear he'd make fun of that too.

"That is not true! You have absolutely no problem going to a cast party."

"That's different!" I argued, clutching onto the pillow in my hands. "At cast parties I know everyone and they like me! You know that I get-"

"Oh my god, would you just get over it already!?"

My eyes widened with fear as he truly yelled at me, my voice breaking as I spoke. "Get over what?"

He scoffed, my quiet voice seeming to annoy him more. "Using this mental illness you claim that you have, which I pay for you to go to therapy by the way, as an excuse to get out of things!"

My brows furrowed in anger and hurt, the tears starting to roll down my cheeks. "Well maybe if you were actually home sometimes I could talk to you, instead of a therapist who doesn't even listen to me!" I shot back, somewhat proud that my voice had hardly cracked at all.

"If she doesn't listen to you, then why am I paying for it?" He retorted, speaking slowly as if it was too difficult for me to understand, turning around to begin looking through my closet.

I frowned, pulling my knees up against my chest and wrapping my arms around them. "Sometimes I think this is why Daddy should have gotten custody of me." I said quietly, almost too quiet for him to hear.

He turned slowly towards me, a hard look on his face. "What did you just say to me?" He asked dangerously, an icy tone in his voice.

I regretted saying that before I had even finished, knowing I had pissed him off by the way his body stiffened. "Maybe then at least I'd have someone show the smallest bit of interest in my life." I responded, annoyed at how small my voice sounded.

His eyes narrowed as he looked at me, his chest rising as his breathing sped up. "How dare you speak to me like that! What is wrong with you!?" He yelled at me, either not noticing the tears in my eyes or choosing to ignore them.

"When are you going to learn that the world doesn't revolve around you!" I screamed back at him, collapsing into sobs.

His eyes widened as he seemed to realize what he had done. "You know what, you're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things to you." He said quietly as he sat down next to me on the bed.

I shrugged with a half smile, not really looking up at him. "It's fine Dad..." I mumbled quietly.

" It's not fine! You're my whole world, my baby. I should never speak to you like that. Ever." He consoled, grasping my chin to look me in the eye as he wiped a stray tear away.

I smiled at him, my smile growing as he pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Do I have to keep going to my therapist?" I asked quietly, glancing up at him.

He shook his head lightly, pulling me into his arms. "Only if you think it's helping you."

I shook my head, leaning my head against his chest. "It's not...I'm sorry I'm disappointing you." I spoke, my voice small and frail.  He immediately pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

" Don't apologize. You could never disappoint me. I want what's best for you, and if that means not going to therapy, then you won't go, okay?" 

I nodded, a small smile on my face as I leaned back into him. A few quite moments passed before I spoke again. "You know I didn't mean what I said, about Daddy having custody of me, right?"

"I know you didn't. It's easy to say things we don't mean when we're angry. " He replied, stroking my hair back from my face.

I leaned into his touch, closing my eyes in a pleased smile. "I wouldn't trade you for anything in the whole world..." I opened my eyes to look up at him, "except for ice cream maybe." I added with a giggle. My heart swelled as he laughed and hugged me tighter.

"Only if it's a lot of ice cream."