CHAPTER TWO

SONDAG. 10:30.

The girl squad were having a brunch at a small bistro near the Oslo pier. Since they graduated from high school six years ago, they would always spare some time to get together, at least once or twice a month. Sometimes they'd go to a club or party together, picnic at the city park, or simply going on a shopping spree. Most of the times, brunch was their favorite activity.

But today, unfortunately, Noora couldn't join their get-together. Again. They actually missed her so much. The girl squad was totally felt different without her, even though she wasn't the one who talked a lot in their gang. But still, it felt different.

"I think it was better when she was in London." Chris said. Talking about Noora, obviously. "I mean, when she was in London, it was clear that she was away so she couldn't meet us. But now that she's here, it's kind of weird for her not to hang with us."

"I know..." Vilde replied. "But I think she's still having a hard time, Chris."

"Yeah, yesterday I went to her place with Sana. And clearly, she was still devastated." Eva added.

They all sighed. Felt frustrated and sympathetic towards their best friend.

"Any idea how to cheer her up, girls?" Sana asked, then turned to Eva skeptically. "Other than parties and hooking ups, I mean."

Eva laughed. "What's wrong with party, Sana? It might be a good place for her to find a new lover? That was how she met William at the first place anyway,"

Sana rolled her eyes at Eva. "I don't think we need another 'fuckboy' for her, Eva,"

"But we all know Noora's type is a bad boy. And who knows, maybe she can change that bad boy into a decent man? Like she did to William?"

"But it's not her duty to change men like that. It's--"

"Guys! Guys!" Vilde interceded between them. Eva and Sana quickly shut their mouth. "I don't think that's the point? It's not about finding a new lover for her. It's not about her moving on."

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"I don't think she wants to move on yet."

This time, Eva, Sana, and Chris listened to Vilde attentively. They kind of got Vilde's point.

"First, clearly she still loves him. Second, she still thinks about him every second." Vilde spoke again. "And third, who knows William still loves and thinks about her too?"

"Sant." Sana agreed. "But, how do we know that? How do we even know if he's still single and doesn't have a new girlfriend yet?"

"I am one hundred percent sure he doesn't have a new girlfriend!" Vilde replied.

"How do you know?"

"Guys, it is William and Noora we're talking about! They have a long history together. An incredible history, I must say." Vilde said. "They weren't just high school lovers. They've been together for, what, 7 years? I'm sure they are still..." Vilde didn't finish her sentence because Eva's phone was suddenly ringing and distracting them all.

Eva frowned upon looking the caller's name on the screen. It was Penetrator Chris.

"God, why is he always calling at the worst time?" she grunted.

"Ooh, I hope that's not a booty call!" Chris girl teased her.

"Shut up, Chris!" Eva told her, half laughing, while stepping away from the girls to pick up Penetrator Chris' call.