CHAPTER NINE

FREDAG. 08:40.

The sound of birds chirping by the window woke Noora up. She opened her eyes but there was no desire to get up, or at least to move her body from the floor to the bed. She had been lying like that since last night she came home with a cancelled flight and an unpacked suitcase. She was shivering all night but didn't have desire to grab a blanket or close the window to feel warmer. She wished she'd die out of cold instead.

-----

LORDAG. 05:50.

Noora woke up much earlier than usual. Maybe because she didn't really sleep. She just sat there in her room, surrounded by things she planned to sort and arrange but ended up being a mess.

Lying on the floor, there was a box that Noora used to collect the things she wanted to throw away. Slowly, she reached the box to put one last thing she'd like to get rid of. It wasn't a hard work to close the box and wrap it with some tape or something. But somehow her move was slow and heavy. It was like there was this part of her that didn't want to get rid of those things yet. The things that contained memories of William Magnusson. But on the other hand, some part of her was also hoping that everything would end soon.

"Goodbye, William..." Noora mumbled as her green pale eyes were staring straight to the photographs of her and William that were already inside the box.

-----

SONDAG. 06:30.

The air was a bit cold this morning. But thanks to the sun that was shining so brightly, these people who were coming to this hill felt a bit warmer. Including Noora and Eva. Those two girls went hiking since early morning. After an hour struggling to drag their own body to move forward, they eventually made it to the top of the hill.

"Herregud, this was a mistake!" Noora grunted with a heavy heart. She sat down on the grass, trying to control her breath.

"Yeah, tell me about it!" Eva chimed in as she lied on the ground beside Noora. "Every activity that requires me to get up before 6 AM, is a mistake!"

Noora chuckled hearing her best friend's words.

"Sorry, didn't mean to make you suffer in the morning!"

"Nei, don't worry about it! It's actually good. We haven't do this in a long time, right?"

"Did we ever go on a hike together before?" Noora asked. As long as she remembered, she and Eva had never worked out together before, let alone went on a hike. She usually only worked out together with Sana, because Eva, Vilde, and Chris were too lazy to join.

"No, not hiking!" Eva said. "I mean, we haven't go out together in a while, right? Just you and me, like this?"

Noora smiled. Eva's words felt like warming her heart that had been cold and frozen for too long.

"Yeah, you're right." Noora said. She joined Eva lying down on the ground. She raised her hands up, trying to reach the blue sky above them. Her green eyes were twinkling, felt warm all of a sudden.

"I know right... when was the last time we hang out together?"

"Um, I can't remember."

"Of course you can't remember. All you do this whole time is thinking about that fuckboy William!"

"Hahahahaha! Fy faen, Eva!" Noora laughed hysterically hearing Eva's words.

"What?" Eva couldn't help but laugh too.

"The way you called William a fuckboy is just too funny!"

"Well it's true that he was a fuckboy! Right?"

"Yeah, you're right," Noora still couldn't stop her laughter. "But hey, Chris was a fuckboy too! He was worse!"

"Fy faen, Noora! William was worse!"

"Hahahahahaha....!" the two laughed in unison while kept talking about their beloved men. Until suddenly, Noora's eyes felt warm. That girl was still laughing, but tears were definitely dropping out of her eyes.

"Du, are you crying?" Eva turned her face to Noora.

"Nei, nei..." Noora said while wiping off her wet cheeks. Then she spoke again while still laughing. "Herregud, why am I crying?"

Eva scoffed. "I don't know, you tell me?"

The two burst into laughter again. This time, more hysterically, and they both ended up shedding a tear and having stomachache from laughing too hard.

Secretly, Eva looked at her best friend who was laughing out loud beside her. She hadn't seen Noora laugh like that in a while. It made her heart feel warm seeing her best friend like that. Although Eva knew, that deep inside, Noora was crying. That girl was so good at hiding her pain behind her smile.

-----