CHAPTER ELEVEN

ONSDAG. 08:10.

"God morgen!"

Noora just got off of the car in the parking lot when someone greeted her. It was Alec. Noora smiled the moment she saw him standing across her car. He walked towards her. His blonde hair was blown by the wind. So handsome, Noora thought.

"You're early." he said.

"Ja, I have Editorial meeting at 10."

Alec took a look at his watch. "You still have some time. Want to grab breakfast?"

Noora didn't answer right away. She looked at Alec who was now standing right in front of her. This reminded her of the first day she got into Vanity Fair Norway. Back then, this very same scene happened. Noora was greeted by Alec whom she barely knew. Then he offered her to grab some breakfast too. Alec was as handsome and charming as that day, and Noora remembered clearly how she was star-struck the moment her green eyes met his blue eyes.

"Come on, Noora, don't reject me again like the last time."

Noora tilted her head. Didn't expect that Alec still remember it too.

"Sure, Alec. Let's have breakfast together." she smiled.

They walked together to a café across the office building. Noora chose a table at the terrace. She always loved sitting near the street. It got her mind flowing sitting there looking at people roaming around.

"I think I never saw you driving on your own before." Alec said.

"Oh, right. It was actually my friend's car. She left it at my place last night."

Yes it was actually Eva's car. Last night the girl squad was hanging out at Noora's apartment, planning out their weekend gateway at a beach house. But they all got so drunk. Except Sana, who never drank alcohol like Noora. So Noora had to drive them one by one using Eva's car.

"Is she the one that usually comes by to our office?"

"Yes, she is. Eva. I think you've met her before, right?"

Alec nodded. But he seemed a bit confused. "Is she, um... your?"

"Hm?"

"...girlfriend?"

"Huh?"

"Like... lovers?"

Noora burst to laughter hearing that. "Nei, nei, nei. She's my best friend. We're not like what you think. She has a boyfriend and I had a, well...," Noora paused, trying to find her words. "Well, anyway, we're not lovers,"

"Oh, okay..." Alec said, sounded a bit relieved and somehow embarrassed. "Sorry."

Alec quickly sip his coffee, trying to cover up his blush. He's so cute, Noora thought.

"Actually there are five of us. We're indeed very close. We're best friends since we were in high school."

"I see... Do you guys hangout a lot?"

"Yes, almost every weekend. Actually we're going on a vacation together this weekend."

"Oh." Alec replied briefly.

Noora could catch there was something off. "What is it?"

"I was going to ask you out this weekend." Alec smiled nervously. "Remember that you still owe me dinner?"

"Ohhh." Noora just recalled it. "Right... um, I didn't know you were going to..."

"Right, right..." Alec nodded lightly while sipping his coffee.