CHAPTER THREE

MANDAG. 20:40.

It was way past the office hour, but Noora was still working in the office. A pile of papers sat in her desk, waiting for her to read them. She was supposed to read that document and finish her deck hours ago. She had an interview to conduct tomorrow, but all she did was typing nonsense on her laptop.

"Noora, you're still here?" a co-worker stopped by her desk on his way out.

"Hei, Alec... Yes, I still have a bit work to do."

"You've worked overtime this whole week. Anything I can help?"

Noora frowned in confusion. "How do you know I've worked overtime this whole week?"

Alec scoffed. "Come on, you don't even realize that I've worked overtime too this week?"

"Really?"

"Ja!" he laughed. "What am I invisible to you?"

Noora laughed too. She took a good look at him. A tall handsome guy like him was impossible not to be noticed. But hang on, was Alec always this handsome this whole time? Why did she just realize it?

"Are you still busy tomorrow?"

"Um, doesn't seem so. I only have an interview with Alana Vienne in the afternoon."

"Alana Vienne? Alana Vienne the designer?"

"Yes, I'm going to feature her on my column. Why?"

Alec shrugged. "Maybe we can have dinner after that?"

Noora paused for a moment. She seemed to be thinking. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to have dinner with him? She didn't have any other plan anyway. And at least, she had someone to talk to over dinner.

"Sure."

"Okay. I'll pick the place. See you tomorrow?"

Noora smiled and nodded.

"Good night, Noora." Alec said as he went by.

"Natta, Alec." Noora said back. And the word sounded so weird in her mouth. Oh God, it'd been so long since the last time she wished someone a good night.

-----

TIRSDAG. 17:00.

Maybe it was the longest interview she'd ever done since she worked for Vanity Fair Norway. It had been three hours, and the conversation with Alana Vienne was never seemed to dull. Noora really enjoyed interviewing her. She was so nice and friendly. Plus, they were actually the same age, so it was so comfortable to talk to each other.

"Alana, again, thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate it!" Noora said as she finished the interview. "This edition will be out in a week, and I'll make sure you get the first copy!"

"Thank you too, Noora. Please write prettily about me!"

Noora smiled. "You were just wonderful, Alana, don't worry."

Alana smiled too. "Are you going back to the office, or...?"

"Nei. But I can stay for a bit, if you want me to accompany you?"

"Yes, please? I think my driver is still stuck somewhere in the traffic. And I hate being alone!"

"Okay, I'll stay until your driver come then."

"Thank you, Noora."

Noora sat down again, and they continued their conversation. The café they were in was a bit crowded now as it started to get into dinner time.