Let's Call it Love:Chapter 25 Friendship and Time Apart

Let's Call it Love: Chapter 25

Friendship and Time Apart

Scarlette's POV

I sat by the pool, with both feet in, just watching the moon make the water glisten. I sighed trying to understand what happened tonight. The truth came out, that Janelle was fooling with me and Dalton. Dalton then kissed me and said he was willing to break up for his girlfriend for me, in which I responded by saying no. During truth or dare, I confessed my previous love for Dalton, he responds by saying he never noticed it and that he is willing to acknowledge it now. And then Jace kissed me and then asked me out on a date.

Which one of them kissed me? Why won’t one of them just admit it to me?

Honestly, at this very moment, I am very confused about my feelings for Dalton. To have him acknowledge my feelings now, two years later seemed amazingly unreal. When Dalton kissed me, it felt right but then my mind would instantly wonder off to Jace, his face was the one I imagined. Jace has been there for me since I’ve gotten back. We had long conversations and my attraction to him was also big. To feel his lips come in contact with my neck and up to my lips, felt so wonderful and great. It made my heart beat really fast. Dalton represented a silly old crush, back in high school. Jace, on the other hand, represented the mature, and slow crush/love forming, with somewhat of a mutual understanding between the both of us.

I told myself this in London, with the thought that Dalton hated me, that I would not dwell in the past. If I get with Dalton, I would be living in the past, only remembering small things in high school. Jace and I never had a past together, we were just friends. I was so wrapped up on Dalton when I was in high school and in London that I’ve stopped to see other people. He consumed my thoughts everyday we were apart, only to know that he never saw my feelings too. Dalton was also wrapped up in Janelle, who was supposed to be a best friend, but instead drove a wedge between me and Dalton. Realistically, me and Dalton can never be together, he was a friends ex-boyfriend. I am not going to allow myself to indulge in past affairs and elicit old conflicts. I want without conflicts, and I feel that Dalton will bring that. Janelle will come into our lives again, with her lying-jealous ass and ruin us.

Besides, Dalton has changed dramatically. He has dated more girls that Jace has in the two years we were apart. He has become a one-week man, he gets drunk a lot. I naturally do not see the bad in people, I always strive to see the goodness but I feel that its not up to me to see Dalton’s goodness as a potential girlfriend. I have to face it, if me and Dalton did go out, I will become a one-week girl, and our friendship, although strained with these feelings was more valuable than a short relationship. Eventually, like Jace changed, he was going to change for the better man, and stop breaking many girls’ hearts. Cassie seemed similar to him, hitting on the next beautiful person that attracts their attention. I don’t think they will last, but observing Dalton, he might already have a girl on the side. It seems that Cassie was just a partner in bed, with miniscule feelings involved shared.

Dalton and I shared that kiss, but it wasn’t the same as the man who took my first kiss. I tried feeling it, and also matching his voice failed. Sure, I had felt butterflies but it wasn’t the same. I’ve hung around Jace for so long these past few days, his voice sounded identical to that of the man who took my breath away. It has to be him, but yet he doesn’t want to admit it to me? Why is that?

When I stopped thinking of Dalton and Jace, I realized that tears were streaming out of my eyes. I chuckled to myself, and wiped them off with an arm. My heart needed closure from Dalton. Luckily, he strolled to the pool area, with his shirt open, but without Cassie. We locked eyes the moment I twisted my head in his direction.