The Cobra #13***

Another bullet hit my leg as I shot a man in the heart. I was running low on bullets, and energy, but the notion of seeing my family again fueled me on.  

Eight torturers left to go.

Out of the side of my vision I saw a female in her mid-thirties aim her gun at me, the same with a man on the other side.

I did a spinning summersault, and while in the air shot the man, and crouched down just as the woman shot at me. Instant assassin reflexes kicked in and I ducked just as the bullet whizzed by.

I shot the girl between the eyes.

Six torturers left to go.

One woman, five men. And they all had their guns aimed at me.

A tall guy with shaggy red hair and a boxer's build stepped forward, his gun trained on me.

"Give up now," he  ordered. "Or the only way you'll get out of here is in a body bag."

I smirked. "I should be saying the same thing to you."  In one swift movement my leg jutted out and tripped shaggy guy to the floor.  Instead of shooting him, I shoot the girl and then a man with brown hair and green eyes.  The others started shooting at me but I kept moving.  I shot shaggy guy, and then used him as a shield.  I trained my gun on a guy with blonde hair and a buzz cut and pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened.

Well, poop.

Buzzcut laughs maliciously. "You out of ammunition there, honey?"

I scrunch up my face in disgust.  He was flirting with me at a time like this?

"Not in butterfly knives I don't."  In one smooth move I took out one of the knifes attached to my thigh and flicked it professionally.  It hit his heart squarely.

Two torturers to go.

The last two had their guns trained on me, but both of them were nervous.  Probably from the malicious glint in my eyes.  Yeah, right?  They just didn't know if they were supposed to kill me or save me for the Cobra.  Their hesitation was my advantage.

I smiled. "Hello boys."

They both gulp.

"Goodbye." In a blur I took out two butterfly knifes and throw them at both their hearts. They crumpled to the floor.

I heard something behind me and swiveled around to see Cole leaning on the doorway, clapping.

"That was some show you put on there, Shay."

"Why, thank you Cole."

"So, do you want me to buy you Ice cream?"

My smile quickly faded. "What did you do, Cole?"

He smiled weakly. You see, whenever he did something wrong, he offered to buy me ice cream because it was my favorite treat. He's done it so many times...

"Nothing." He dragged the word out.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Fine." He sighed in defeat. "Remember when I told you at your house that your family was safe?"

I nodded cautiously. "Yeah?"

"It may have been a little white lie. "

Dead. He was so dead.

"Ugh!" I throw one of the remaining butterfly knifes at him, but he had already ducked around the doorway knowing what was coming.

"Wow there, calm down Shay!"