The One That Got Away (A Zayn Malik Fanfic)

Destiny's Pov

********Le Flashback********

"I love you" I told Zayn. He smiled at me.

"I love you too, Destiny" he replied, before placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. He pulled me in close to him and held me in his arms.

"I always wondered something" he said. I pulled back a little, just enough to see his face.

"what?" I asked confused.

"what I would do if I lost you" he answered. I giggled and kissed him.

"that will never happen" I said, and hugged him tightly.

********Le End Of Flashback********

I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. I feel so stupid for ever believing I actually thought I could. I cant believe I thought he actually loved me. I wipe my tears away and think about the day I found out.

********Le Start of Flashback********

it was our anniversary, of 1 year. He told me to meet him at his house.

I walked up to the door and knocked. No one came so I let myself in with my own key. I heard something in the bedroom and slowly made my way towards the door, it was closed.

I slowly and silently turned the knob and looked in the room.

Zayn and some chick were on the bed having sex! I gasped, but they heard me. I didn’t care though! How could he have done that to me!

I ran away from his bedroom in disgust but he caught up with me before I could walk out of the house. I turned around but didn’t look at his face.

"How could you?!" I yelled, my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry! Babe please, I didn’t mean it!" he pleaded.

"don’t say your sorry!" I yelled at him.

********Le End Of Flashback********

I feel so stupid for actually believing that we had a perfect relationship. I curled up to my big fluffy dog that Zayn had given my about 6 months ago, I could still smell his cologne on it. I let my tears roll down my cheeks and on the puppy. I let it fall to the floor and I took a small blade out of my pocket. I cut my self five times before I heard a door open and close.

Oh shit! Cher is home!

I scrambled to put away the blade and covered my new cuts with my hand.

"Destiny, you cant stay like this forever!" she told me.

"maybe not but I sure as hell can try!" I said.

"not if I'm around! Come on, your getting out of this house tonight!" she said. She walked to my bed and yanked me off.

"no, I want to stay in my bed!" I whined.

"you have been in your bed for about 5 months now! You are coming out tonight, even if I have to drag you!" she said. I frowned and gave up on fighting her, she was surely stronger than me.

"fine, I'll go" I caved.

"good, not get in the shower!" she shoved me in the bathroom and closed the door. I let out a sigh and locked the door. I turned on the shower and stripped down to my bare body.

I stepped in the shower, letting the hot water run all over my body. I lathered in my strawberry shampoo, then rinsed. Then my conditioner and let it sit while I washed my body. I rinsed all my self then turned off the water and stepped out. I grabbed my green towel and started to dry my body.

"what do I wear?" I asked stepping out of the bathroom. Cher was already ready, how could she be ready in only like 5 minutes.

I looked at the clock, did I really take a thirty minute shower?

"this, now get dressed! We leave soon" she said. I looked at her silver sparkly dress, it was very thinning to her figure. She had on black heels and silver dangling earrings.

I looked at the bed where my outfit was laid. It was my black skin tight strapless dress with tiny diamonds on it, I had gotten it about a year back, when I was dating Zayn.

I slipped on my under garments then my dress. I was surprised it still fit. I looked around and Cher gave me my black heels. I put them on and Cher did my hair and make up.

"okay, accessories!" Cher squealed. We walked to the full length mirror and she held up a pair of black dangly earrings. I nodded and put them on.

"now, lets get rid of this..." she said. She took off my golden heart locket.

"no! I need that!" I said. Zayn gave it to me when we first started dating, and he has the other half. The locket only opens when the two halves are together.

"but-'

"no buts! If I don’t have that locket I am not leaving this house!" I interrupted her. She frowned and put it back on my neck. It felt good to feel the weight of the pure gold necklace back.

"you look gorgeous" she said. I looked in the mirror. I looked like who I used to be, she me that was with Zayn. I looked good like this, something I hadn’t felt in months.

"but, what if we see him?" I asked.

"Destiny, I know he is back in the UK but what are the chances he will be here in London?" she asked.

"the fact that he lives here!" I said. I could never let go of him fully so yes, I know they are on their break in London.

"come on, we wont see him" she said. I tolled my eyes and followed her out to her car. She got in the driver side and I walked to the passenger seat and buckled my seat belt.

"lets get this over with" I said. She rolled her eyes and drove. We came up to the 'Golden Goose' restaurant and she parked the car.

"you cant be serious" I said as we got out

"you better believe I am" she said. We walked up to the front desk to a blonde girl in a black uniform.

"name?" she asked happily. Why is she so happy?

"Lloyd, for two" Cher said. If you haven’t guessed, she is the her Lloyd. She actually introduced me to Zayn while they were in X-Factor together. We started dating right after Torn, and stopped 5 months ago. So, about two years we were together.

"this way" she said. We followed her to an outside table and we sat down. We picked up the menus and I just ordered a small steak. I wasn’t that hungry right now. Cher got a T-bone steak, which is pretty big!

"I will be right back" I said.

"where are you going?" Cher asked.

"bathroom" I said. I got up and started waking inside. I took out my phone to check the time and ran strait into someone! Destiny you klutzy bitch!

"oh, sorry" I said. I looker up at the man.

"Z-,Zayn?" I said.

Oh god......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So as promised, here is the story! Please tell me what you think of it? I would really enjoy some feedback! And sorry if I don’t update it soon but, I am in Florida and Isaac is coming and I am in the 'Disaster zone' so I will lose power! I probably wont be able to update till Wednesday or so? But I will try and update it before that if I can! But feedback please! Also, check out one of my other stories too please? Love you guys! Ciao!Xxx