SOPH PORTAL

introducing the fashionably designed soph portal, where you can read, learn and experience the latest of Soph's random ideas. 

It's simple: read a snippet, and decide whether you want to continue. 

A highly recommended idea whilst waiting for the newest update, or the next book in the installments. Hey, it's worth a try! 

Read on.

(1)

genre: science fiction

related tags: dystopian, teenager, rivalry, action, adventure, danger

books in series: one 

currently: chapter 38/40

It all started with an accident.

Through vast consolidation begets a single empire bordering on the mere idea of war with an enemy threatening to destroy its entire existence, starting from the inside. Many call it tyranny, others, vengeful menace, but it's taking them down. One by one. A series of events follow, including a spy, a plan destined to fail and a desperate offer that puts everything on the line.

She wasn't what they were hoping for. But they take what they can get.

Once rejected by the place they called home, five estranged teens jump at the opportunity for an escape. Thrust into an unknown underwater society at random, it's a gamble for life and death, win or lose. Fast forward to friendship, rivalry, loyalty, borderline sorcery, and a second home that'll change their lives as they know it.

But as the days grow by, and the game of cat and mouse breaks its final straw, blending in a world not meant for them is not as easy as it seems. Especially when you try to save a colony whilst saving yourself.

(2)

genre: romance

related tags: badboy, teenager, secrets, friendship, fights, teen

books in series: one (ongoing)

currently: chapter 9/unknown

With a fear yearning to spin out of control forcing herself to hide in the shadows her whole lifetime, had only scratched the surface of Hanna Barnett's junior year. From a new job forcing her family to relocate to meeting a new boy who seems to be drowning in himself but refuses to show it to the world, and maybe even a whole new set of friends and popularity, and even a girl who's set on revealing Hanna's secret. Junior year isn't going any faster.

But if she doesn't care, and shoos everyone away, won't it make everything better.

Together, they realize that secrets are always uncovered, and you should just learn to let people accept who you are for you.

Or you'll end up falling in love with someone wearing a mask.

Because that's love, it can be light, or even heavy. But afraid of the ugly truth, no one really knows who you truly are, until you see the in between.

snippet provided:

"I wish that this," I point to myself, "This is who I am." but it's too late, Cameron isn't looking straight at me, instead, he's staring at the ground, unsure of what to say. "But I'm not."

"Why didn't you tell me." His voice is dry, almost as if heartless. He looked lost in his own thoughts, and if he hadn't been standing before me, I wouldn't have recognized him. "Why."

"I-I couldn't."

(3)

genre: romance

genre: romance

related tags: player, risk, game, hearts, break, drama

books in series: two

book one or two: one (completed)

 Give a little, Take a little, Break a little.

Everything's just a game, right?

Callie believes love doesn't exist, love is fake. To her, love is a lie used only by boys at her school to trick and play the girls at her school. Love is a game. The game all the boys play to make a girl feel special like she's the only one that matters only for her heart to shatter into a million unfixable pieces. Love is a bet, a bet all boys cease to win.

Callie is their next victim, and Jake is their next player. But as Jake attempts to wrap Callie around his finger, the more he realizes the fragileness of the heart inside her and what it feels like to truly love someone, even if it's just a bit.

Will Jake and Callie get caught in this twisted tangle of a game and end up victorious, or is Callie's heart just another one to break into pieces, because how much is Jake willing to risk for a heart he truly cares about.

***

Want to find out more exclusive information?

@sophvergeletti

enjoy 💕