Chapter One: I've Been Trying For You

Amethyst's POV:

When I ran back to the kindergarten I hoped no one saw me. I took the long way so I had time to clear my mind. I couldn't face the others.
I couldn't face her.
Pearl and I haven't always gotten along, but deep down inside was this spark. I've had feelings for Pearl since Rose died. I don't know why but something about her just made me want to kiss her. I don't know what.
When I arrived at the kindergarten, I went to my favorite rock. I thought if I could just clear my mind if everything that just happened then Pearl and I would be closer. But, I don't think I could forgive her for what she did:

~~~ONE HOUR EARLIER~~~

(Authors Note: Right now, Amethyst is shape-shift into Rose to try to make Pearl feel better. But it's not working.)

Pearl: NO! That's not what Rose would say!
Amethyst: I-I'm sorry, I-
Pearl: Why can't you take this seriously? Don't you know how I feel? This would go a LOT smoother if you would just TRY FOR ONCE!
Amethyst: I...already...AM!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR YOU THIS WHOLE TIME!!! I WANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER! WHY CAN'T I JUST BE *Shapeshifts back* Like me?!
Pearl: Well maybe it would make me feel better if you didn't come from a MISTAKE! *Covers mouth*
Amethyst: Fine...if that's how you feel, then I'll go back.
Pearl: AMETHYST!! I-I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!!
*Amethyst Runs Off in tears*

~~~BACK AT THE TEMPLE~~~

Pearl's POV:

I felt ashamed of myself. I must've hurt Amethyst so much. She was always trying to make me feel better. I loved her so much. I looked everywhere for her. When I couldn't find her, I felt so afraid. Then I realized that the only place she could be was the kindergarten. I made a dash to the warp pad, but as soon as I got home, Steven was asking so many questions.

Steven: PEARL!! Where are you going? Can I come? Where's Amethyst? Is she alright?? Is she in trou-
*Pearl puts her hand on his mouth*
Pearl: Steven, I made a terrible mistake. It's way too dangerous for you to come. Can you tell Garnet I'm at the kindergarten when she comes back?
Steven: Sure Pearl! Good luck!!!!
*Pearl kisses Stevens forehead and warps to the kindergarten*