Chapter 1 - Opening Ceremonies

• Dedicated to Ryan Lochte

Picture to the right is Victoria Duffield as Sophia Green (Victoria is one of my favourite singers, and has her birthday the day before mine.)

The Song on the side is, 'Time is Running Out' by Muse. Muse is a British Band who are VERY, VERY, VERY good.

The Dedication goes to Ryan Lochte, for being an awesome swimmer, having a good sense of shoes, being sexy, and hot ;)

Enjoy, this Chapter!

-----

The Olympics were coming up soon, me being an Olympian means I am very nervous. Competing at the World Stage, at the highest competition in the World. I’ve never really competed at the world stage, well either than the Pan American games. Although, they are only in North and South America.

The training is nothing like Europe and Asia, competing against China is really starting to freak me out, they are crazy good! I was competing twice as hard as I usually would, having many more practices and playing against guys. If that's what it takes to win, I'm all out for that.

I was playing against some good Badminton friends of mine, from Quebec. Oh! Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Sophia Green. I have red hair, and blue eyes. I've been playing Badminton for quite some time now. I'm competing in both pairs and doubles, and if I could go into mixed doubles, I would.

While I was taking a break, from playing a game with Marianne and our male teammates. I was approached by a woman with a cast on her leg, "Excuse me; I heard that you can be one of the officials for swimming." She said in her British accent as I nodded.

"I was wondering, when you aren't playing Badminton or practicing, or any other thing that's occupying you, would you take my spot in being an official?" She asked.

"Yes, of course, I am sorry about your leg. If you mind me asking, how did that happen?" I asked her.

"It was just careless me running on the pool deck." She said.

"Oh, and I couldn't have come at a more terrible time, with the Olympics and all." I told her, showing much sympathy.

"Yes, my leg had to break before me being an once-in-a-lifetime Olympic official." She said getting teary eyed.

I started getting a little teary eyed from her, I was and always will be sappy, "I am very sorry that had to happen." I told her as I pulled her into an embrace.

"Thank you, I should let you go back to practicing." She told me. "Good Luck." She said before she left.

"Thanks." I said smiling as I walked back onto the court.

Continuing to play some Badminton with Marianne my guy friends from Quebec. We've been friends since we were 3, I've always been there for her; She's always been there for me too. We do almost everything together, and sports were one of them.

~~~~~

"You know what's terrible?" I asked my Quebec Pals, "If I'm freaked out just about walking into the Stadium for the opening ceremonies. How will I compete?" I asked them with a smile.

"You're going to be fine." My friend Alexandre said as he pulled me into a behind the back hug.

Alexandre and I have been friends since I moved to Quebec when I was 3, we've always been close. Seriously, we lived next door to each other; he had a swimming pool, with a diving board, the beginning of his career. I had a Badminton net in my backyard, the beginning of my career. We would either go to my house, and play Badminton or go to his house, where we would swim and dive.