Chapter 5

Chuck leads me into his family home and I am greeted by his mom and dad, Coach Clayton

"Serena is it? It's nice to meet you. Do you want anything to drink?" Mrs. Clayton's asks me sweetly.
"No I'm okay," I assure her. "Thank you though."
"So, did you go to Riverdale with Chuck too?" Coach Clayton asks as he sits down on the fancy sectional sofa.
"No I didn't. I actually went to Southside High." I respond eyeing the Cartier watch on his right hand as it blings twilight sparkles in my eyes.
"Dad we were just going into the art studio," Chuck announces grabbing my hand and leading me away from them.
"Nice to meet you," I call out as I head down a narrow hall towards a red door.

When I step inside my breath is taken away once again. His art studio is full of paintings of the lake, his car and people that I don't recognize right away. Chuck catches my gaze and takes the sketches of the people I don't know and bring them to me. Two people on the sketch instantly catch my eye. A couple embracing, one of them a black girl with blonde and pink hair and the other with red hair.

"Oh that's Cheryl and Toni," Chuck points out.

"I'm aware," I say still gazing at the pictures.

"How do you know them?"

"It's a long story," I respond quickly walking away to look at the other sketches.

A moment of silence comes in as I gage in every single sketch in the room, in awe of every one.

"I take it you like them?" Chuck asks walking closer to me from behind.

"Yeah Chuck," I assure him. "I'm not gonna lie, these are really nice. I see why you are a Art Major."

"I want to draw and have my own comic series. I haven't decided what kind but I think it could happen."

"I think it could happen too," I respond giving him a smile.

Chuck turns me around, cups my cheeks softly and gives me a kiss. I return his kiss and for a moment we are just standing there, just kissing each other. Chuck suddenly pushes everything off of the table and lifts me up onto the table. I relax my hands on his shoulders once again and Chuck pulls my halter dress down enough where it exposes my breast. He looks down and has a look of amazement on his face.

"They are beautiful," Chuck whispers as he leans down to inspect them more closely.

He takes my left breast and takes it into his mouth and a small yelp escapes my mouth. Chuck chuckles a little, breast still in his mouth but I couldn't help but think things were moving too fast.

I just met him yesterday and now I'm half dressed in his family home. This is not right. I have to stop this.

"Hey Chuck," I barely get out due to pleasure. Chuck doesn't stop. I assume he doesn't hear me.

"Chuck?" I say a little louder clearing my throat.

"Yeah?" Chuck finally responds.

"We...should...probably..." I get sucked back in my pleasure.

"You were saying?" Chuck says and I can feel the smirk on my breast.

I move back a little and cup his chin so his face is towards me.
"We should probably stop," I suggest looking into his eyes as I pull my dress up.

"This is a lot on the first date," I added. "I'm not that kind of girl."

A look of concern comes across his face but it quickly goes away with a smile.
"It's alright babe. I understand if you want to wait." Chuck responds and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

I grab my purse and look at my phone and see that it's already 6:00pm.

"Oh shit, I should probably head back to the house," I announce fixing my dress.

"I have to work early tomorrow and it's a double shift so I need my beauty rest."

"It's all good baby. Let's take you home."

Chuck leads me out the room and when we pass the living room, I notice his parents are not there. We head outside to the car and I look over again by the lake and notice there are ducks and geese over there this time and they are all huddled together as if they are having some kind of meeting. I smile to myself and bite my lip and get into the car. Everything that happened today I was not expecting but I'm okay with, I think to myself. I'm lost in my thoughts for a bit and I close my eyes thinking I would take a quick nap.

"What's on your mind?" Chuck asks me breaking away my thoughts.

"Nothing in particular," I wink at him and relax more into the seat.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

"Yes," I say to him. "But I'd love it if you say it all the time."

Chuck laughs and nods his head in agreement.
"Okay baby, whatever you say."

We have small talk and before I know it we are in front of my building. Unbuckling my seat belt, Chuck rushes to my side to open my door and held out his hand to help me out the car. My walk to the apartment is a slower pace because I don't want my company with him to end. We make it up the stairs and to my floor and finally my apartment door.

"Well, this is it," I announce waving my keys in my hand.

"Yup," Chuck responds rather nonchalantly.

"Honestly today was nice. It's been awhile since I've been on a date so I appreciate it," I thank him and grab his hands.

"Of course. You are welcome. Let's do it again sometime," Chuck suggests as he leans in to kiss me.

We have kissed before obviously and I don't know if this was because it was a good bye kiss but it set my soul on fire. I grab his jacket and pull him in closer and I step back until my back is on the door of my apartment. I hear the door open from down the hall and we break our kiss, panting a little bit. I look down and see Josie leaving her apartment with 2 girls, the 2 members of the Pussycats. I wave at her and she smiles at me but then she looks at Chuck and gives him a dirty look. Perplexed by that greeting, I look at him and he looks worried.

"What's up with that," I ask once Josie is out of ear range.

"That's my ex from high school. As you can see it didn't end well," Chuck explains scratching his head.

"Clearly," I say sarcastically.

I turn my keys into the door and I walk in to the cool breeze from the a/c in my apartment. Chuck is right behind me and I see his eyes surveying my apartment.

"This is nice," Chuck announces once he finished his inspection.

"Thanks," I respond.

"So I'll text you?" Chuck suggests as he is walking towards the door.

"Yeah," I say.

"Okay well good night," Chuck says as he shuts my door.

"Good night." I respond, staring at the door.