Chapter 18

It's 7:30pm and I'm in my bathroom with Sasha with a pair of scissors in my hand trying to figure out the best way to cut her hair

It's 7:30pm and I'm in my bathroom with Sasha with a pair of scissors in my hand trying to figure out the best way to cut her hair. The sheer excitement of me cutting Sasha's hair is thrilling as hell and I cannot wait to see how this comes out.

"So are we doing this?" I ask my friend holding up my left hand with the scissors with a slight grin on my face.

"Hold on, let me take a selfie before you cut it," Sasha exclaims grabbing her phone and taking a pic with Snapchat.

"Okay, ready" Sasha says with a twinkle in her eye. "Let's do it."

I measure her hair with my fingers, stopping right underneath her face at her neck and holding my fingers in that position, I chop her hair below my fingers and continue to do so until her hair looks like a bob.

"Serena, I fucking love it!" Sasha squeals giving me a hug and running her fingers through her freshly cut hair. She takes her phone out and takes several picture with Snapchat filters and drags me into a couple of pictures with her.

We clean up the hair in the bathroom and walk to the living room, both collapsing on the couch after a hard day's work and coming straight to my house afterwards to cut her hair.

"God I'm hungry," Sasha announces going into the kitchen and grabbing a bag of pretzels.
"I see," I tease her rolling my eyes.

"So, tell me. What's up with Chuck and Josie?" Sasha plops back on the couch, catching me off guard.

The thought of them two together and the conversation I heard on the phone brings a deep pain in my chest and I take short deep breaths, deciding on how I should answer.

"Nothing, according to him, but Josie keeps popping up saying otherwise," I answer nervously gauging her facial expression to see what she'll say next.

"What exactly did Chuck day?" Sasha inquires digging into the bag of pretzels.

"He says that they have been off and on since high school and ended it a couple months ago before I came along," I say giving her the very short version of the story. "He says that he's over the relationship but still cares about her."

"Hmmm..." Sasha ponders. "And Josie is obviously thinking that they are going to get back together right?"

"Yeah, that crazy bitch," I mouth off surprising myself with my choice of words.

"Well, we don't know what Chuck is telling Serena," Sasha points out. "Maybe Chuck and Josie are still hanging out and that's giving her the impression that they can still be together."

"I know they hung out together a week ago," I mutter under my breath.

"Huh, what did you say?" Sasha asks incredulously and I roll my eyes.

"You heard me," I assert myself a little clearer.

"Wow," Sasha declares. "What the fu—"

"Listen," I interject before she goes off. "We don't even know what we are yet. I can't get mad about what he's doing when I'm not with him, no matter what I may feel for him."

If only I believed those words that came out of my mouth. I did get mad and crazy jealous when I seen Chuck and Josie kissing. It felt good to throw in Josie's face that Chuck's head was in between my legs before he kissed her. I felt sadness when I heard Chuck with Josie over the phone while I'm dealing with my mom's revelation. To say that I don't have some sort of feelings of Chuck would make me a liar, but I'm not ready to say that out loud yet. I don't have it in me to face that embarrassment.

"If you say so," Sasha sighs rolling up the bag the pretzels. "You are my girl and I love you, and I just want you to be happy. Lord knows you fucking deserve it. If you are cool with what's going on here then, I am too." Sasha get up and puts the pretzels back in the cabinet and sits on the same couch I am.

"But if Chuck ever hurts you in anyway, I will beat him up and run him over in Chad's car. Deal?" Sasha laughs holds out her pinky finger for me to grab.

"Deal," I agree grabbing her pinky with mine laughing with me.

Knock knock knock

"They're here!" Sasha exclaims squealing on her way to the door.

"How do I look," Sasha faces me before opening the door and I give her a thumbs up.

She opens the door and Chad steps in holding two cases of beer and sets it the heavy boxes on the island bar.

"Fuck baby. You look gorgeous," Chad swoons over Sasha giving her a kiss and grabbing her butt.

I turn anyway out of embarrassment and notice that Chuck did not walk in with him.
"Where's Chuck," I ask Chad walking to the door.

"He went to grab the pizzas from the car, he'll be right back," Chad says finally breaking away from Sasha and grabbing a beer.

Sasha gives me a look and I shrug it off trying not think of the worse, even though my mind is halfway there with Sasha's words hanging in my head.

What if Chuck wants to date me and Josie? What if I'm just something to pass by until Josie is ready to be with him again? Josie can't be that crazy to think Chuck is just going to keep running back to her. Is it something I'm missing? Am I being played?

All these thoughts are still running through my mind when I peak out of the door to see if he is coming down the hall. My disappointment grows when I don't see anyone coming down the hall and I shut the door with a slight pout on my face. I look up and see Sasha watching me so I quickly change my facial expression and mutter something to them about getting into the shower. I grab pajama shorts, a tank top and boy shorts and go into the bathroom to take the hottest shower ever to relieve the tension I am feeling all over my body. I step into the shower and for a few moments, I just stand there letting my hair get wet and soaking myself with the water as if I can become one with it and just slip away in the drains.

I hear the bathroom door open and I assume it's Sasha and I step away from the water and start to lather my body with soap.

"Hey, is Chuck here," I ask her scrubbing my arms with soap.

"Yeah I'm here," a deep voice fills the bathroom and I drop my sponge shocked that it wasn't Sasha's voice I am hearing.

"Ch-Chuck?" I call out peaking my head from the shower curtains.

"Hey," Chuck greets me, pulling the curtain back fully, eyeing my body up and down as if he approves of what he sees.

"You started the shower without me. Now you're going to make it up to me," Chuck announces, taking off his shirt

 Now you're going to make it up to me," Chuck announces, taking off his shirt

AN: I have 665 reads from Him and I. You guys are amazing. I appreciate all the votes and comments you guys have given me so far. Share my story with your friends 💙