Chapter 7: Make a wish

LUCA'S P.O.V

Sipping my whiskey as I looked through the window of my fathers office, only god knows the pain and anger I feel when I think about him.

*Flashback*

"Son, this is a big responsibility and I know you'll do good with the company..." my father placed a hand on my shoulder "....but there's one last deal I wish to make before I take my leave.." I looked at him in curiosity, listening attentively to what he had to say next "....Armano Ricci" he spoke the name of his long lived rival, why would he want to make amends with such a man. My father and Ricci tried to destroy each other for many years, they were once close friends but things took a wrong turn in the past causing them to go against each other.

"What do you think,figlio(son)?" He looked down to me, Why did he ask my opinion, he'll do it anyways.

"Sounds like a good plan" I said knowing damn well it wasn't, I didn't trust Ricci, not one bit.

A few days later, My father and Ricci Were in the office discussing their dealership when moments after shots were fired. I rushed into the office to see my father lying on the ground helplessly,his white shirt drenched with blood of his own. Some of his men wounded some dead, I knelt on the floor next to him and placed my hand over the wound to stop the bleeding but it was no use.

"He got away, avenge me figlio(son)" he said with his last dying breath. At that moment my blood began boiling, so many emotions filled my body but I dear not cry, my heart was set on only one task and that was destroying Armano Ricci if it was the last thing I do. I searched for Ricci for a couple months, he moved from his known location because he knew I would be looking for him. When I finally found him, I sent my best men to do the job but unfortunately they didnt make it back, he eliminated everyone I sent his way, I guess when you need something done you have to do it yourself right. I created a master plan, had some men undercover at his estate, when the time was right, I made my move. I killed all his present men and made my way to him in his office

"Armano Ricci, I've been looking for you, you know why dont you?"

"Luca Romano, can't say im surprised to see you, I know why you're here" he turned around pulling out a gun but we both shot at the same time. Luckily for me, he got my shoulder and I got his chest.

He fell to the floor, laid there helplessly, I walked over to him and aimed my gun to the centre of his head.

"marcire All 'inferno(Rot in hell)" I pulled the trigger

*present day*

"Enter" I answered to someone knocking at the door.

"Hey, Leo said you wanted to see me?" Aurora spoke softly as she entered the room

"Yes, What do you plan on wearing tonight?"

"Tonight? Pajamas Why?" Did she just say Pajamas? Did I tell her about the gathering tonight, I could have sworn I did or maybe I didn't.

"No, my mother is have a gathering tonight and you'll need something to wear. I didnt pack anything for you so we'll have to buy something" I headed towards the door but she didn't walk with me

"Come on lets go" I turned back to her.

*****
"What about this one?" She came out in a short,sparkly pruple dress, this is about the 50th dress she has tried. I nodded no, she tried on more and about a century later she came out in a Simple, long, red chiffon dress with midway slit on the left side. She looked beautiful

"What do you think?" Her eyes landed on me

"It's fine" We bought the dress and headed back home, the drive was silent but there was a lot going on in my head.

*Later that evening*

I Stood at my mothers side as she greeted our guests, my eyes glimpse over to the staircase,I had to look twice. Aurora walked down, looking ever so elegant and beautiful, the sight of her was mesmerizing. My eyes followed as she came towards me.

"You look lovely darling, doesn't she Luca?" My mother threw the spotlight on me.

"Yes, you look quite alluring" I felt nervous just looking at her, what the fuck is happening.

"You look dapper yourself" she chuckled

"Luca Romano! Is that you?" I know that voice, that bothersome voice, it could only be one person and so it is, Gabriele Lombardi. I hated that little bitch since the day I met him.

"Gabriele" I Turned around and shook his hand

"I haven't seen you in so long, where have you been? How have you been?" I could still see the mischief in his eyes.

"Out of the country, I've been good and you?" I asked only to be polite, I didn't care to know anything about that asshole

"Great and Who's this lovely young lady at your side here?" He glanced over to Aurora, I Clenched my jaw the minute he laid his eyes on her.

"Im Aurora, its nice to meet you" she smiled at him

"Gabriele, the pleasure is all mine" he held her hand and placed a kiss on the back of her palm.

"Would you like to dance with me Aurora?" What the fuck does he think he's doing

"She doesn't want to.." I tried to tell him off

"The lady can speak for herself Luca"

"I'd love to" she looked over to me and gave a mischievous smirk. I could tell that she knew I wanted her to say no but going against me gave her much pleasure , he walked her over to the crowded area of the room where everyone was dancing. He placed his hand on the lower part of her back and held her hand in his other, my eyes followed their every move.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Leo came beside me

"Thats what we need to find out"

....to be continued

As always, if I made any spelling mistakes, please let me know♡