Part 10: Tujhpe Kurbaan Hai...

Warning - Cliche alert 😆

Ishita stepped out of the cottage back door of the cottage, trying her foot gingerly on the hard ground. Her ankle was still a little sore, but she found she could walk quite well.

Still, she needed to take it easy, she told herself, as she walked slowly toward the stream, where she could see her husband busily arranging mats, cushions and bolsters.

Her heart quickened as she observed his lithe form - his slim torso stretching as he smoothed a sheet over the mat, those sensual fingers arranging cushions. She remembered those fingers caressing her face earlier that day, the feel of that slim muscular waist brushing hers as he walked with her in his arms, that rock hard chest crushing her softness.

He must have realised he was being observed, for he went still, then turned around.

Her feet froze mid step as he looked at her. For the life of her, she would not have been able to move closer to him - there was just something in that gaze, something naked, primitive, that sent shivers down her spine and rooted her to the spot.

He smiled and started to walk up to her.

She observed again his strong legs, moving closer to her, how his hair waved slightly in the breeze, the carelessly buttoned shirt which tapered down to his chest. She had been staring and he had reached her, and now he stood before her, that enigmatic smile deepening.

"Kya?" He asked her.

She blushed as she realised she had been caught ogling her husband, and shook her head furiously.

"Accha?" He drawled huskily putting one hand out to her.

She blushed and took his hand and the next moment he had pulled her to his chest. "Are you okay walking baby?" He asked, his breath brushing her face as he smiled down at her. "Is your foot okay? Ya uthaloon mein tumhe?"

"I... mein...it's fine Raman" she stammered nervously. "Aap please itna worry mat kijiye"

"Accha" he murmured again, looking her up and down, taking in the kurta and leggings, before his gaze settled on her foot. Before she knew what was happening, he had bent down before her, his hand tapping her ankle. " Are you sure jaan?"

"Haan, I'm sure" she jumped back a little. "Bahut bhook lag rahi hai. Woh lunch...." She knew she was babbling, but his proximity had that effect on her.

He grinned and got up, putting an arm protectively around her shoulders.

"Lunch is still in the basket. Bas tumhara intezaar kar raha tha. Ab chalo, we can eat now, hmm"

"Hmm .. Haan" she mumbled, acutely aware of his arm, as they started to walk towards the mats. She noticed how slowly he was walking, and how his arms seemed to be almost lifting her, supporting her, stopping her from putting her weight on her injured foot.

"Raman" she protested, as they reached the mats and he let her go with a grin, pulling the picnic basket towards himself and bringing out and arranging the parcels of food on the mat. "I said my foot was fine"

"Toh mein ne kya kiya" he answered with an injured smile, patting the mat beside him. "Come, sit here"

She shook her head, but then sat down quietly. Her husband was a law onto himself, and there was no point in protesting. Besides, there was a delicious aroma wafting from the various dishes he was opening, and she was reminded that she had not eaten anything that day. And it was almost one pm!

"This is so nice Raman" she murmured, as he placed a large bolster behind her, for her to lean against. "Kitni effort ki aap ne" ( You've made such an effort)