Five

“Fay… Fay” a voice called behind her from the sea of people. Good God her class was stressful and she really wanted to go home and sleep, who on earth was this? And she turned around to find the caller. Juuust great, her shortsightedness had stopped her from seeing the faces that weren’t within ten feet of her, she was supposed to get new glasses after Butch had chewed her lens as a puppy, but then she was flat broke.

“Fay” the caller grabbed a hold of her wrist and stood over her. And oh hello Zachary Winston aka Fay’s college crush who she day dreamed about constantly. Who wouldn’t? He was tall with an athletic bod like a college football player 2.0 with Midnight hair up in a man bun, gorgeous tanned skin with black set eyes to match his perfect facial hair he was like the statue of David, with that husky voice that emitted from perfect lips that sealed pearly whites.
“Hey Z” she snapped out of her gawking and looked down on his long, hairless heavily tattooed arm that still held her wrist. “New Tattoo?” she had noticed a red swell on his arm and had shot back to his raven black eyes. Jesus there was no escape point for her so she didn’t drool over him. Unlike most girls, Fay kept her cool with Zach while other girls would smile sheepishly and play with their hair or stutter or fumble, Fay always kept her cool and that was one of the reasons he had liked her from the outset, guess it was true after all, people tend to be interested in things that didn’t want them back. 
“Yea” he readjusted the guitar strap that hung loosely on his shoulders. “Are you busy? I need external opinion on a song I wrote” oh! Man, she really REALLY needed to get home and sleep but this was her crush asking to spend time with her.
“No, I’m free” the excited part of her brain shot out before she could even think. And then was when he flashed a heavenly smile and she almost melted like butter in a hot pan. She was really good at hiding how she felt about him or he would have placed her in the same category with the girls who almost ate her up with mean stares all because she was close to Zach. Those who couldn’t shake her befriended her to get to him and that was why she didn’t have any friends, any female friends that is.
“Great, I’ll be at your place by seven then? ” She checked the watch on her wrist 02:50PM.
“Sure” she smiled back and he leaped happily away like a child who had discovered sugar for the first time. He was so cute when he was happy and she was smiling like an idiot without even knowing it “Quick hide that smile before he sees it” her mind cautioned and her face was back to its default setting as she walked home; meh.

A soft knock called Fay out to the living room to answer the door. 

"Hey" Zach was smiling again and she couldn't get enough of it. His colonge filling her lungs and with a deep breath, she took in more of it and smiled back.

"Hi, come in" she gestured into her apartment and Butch flagged his tail behind her.

"Hey there buddy" he swooped down to greet the happy canine. "Howdy" his Texan part always getting the better of him. Fay's heart went into a franzy and she had to force herself to...

"So, you said you wrote a new song?"

"Eager are we?" He was still smiling, still patting the head of the dog.

She blushed and brushed the back of her head with her palm. 

"That's why you're my biggest fan" his voice was deeper and he approached her slowly approached her and towered her with his height if six feet.  He ran a finger down her cheeks while holding her gaze strong, she withdrew from the hold and giggled. 

"So... Song?"

He cocked a brow and sighed. 

"Fine, since you're so eager"

He made her sit on a couch and stood before her, he unclad his guitar and pulled a few rehearsal strings before he began playing his heart out filling her tiny apartment with the song of the guitar and a few notes later, his voice accompanied that of the strings and it was as though the angels sang in her room, he was indeed a one man orchestra.  His eyes closed, his face contracted and relaxed with the song and he was more beautiful than ever. With a last pull of his string, Fay broke into a cheerful applause and she sprung to her feet. 

"Thank you, thank you very much" Zach pulled an Elvis Presley.

"That was beautiful" she beamed and her eyes lit up in admiration. "You should get a manager and record it" she suggested after her frenzy.

"It's not as nearly as beautiful as you" he was holding her gaze again sending her blushing once more. He walked up to her taking her hand in his and looking deep into her soul. Getting the memo...

"Zach" she whispered and he shushed

"Fay, you're the only girl who isn't throwing herself at me and you're the only one I can actually call a friend. Even though I know a lot of people, you're the only one I can really talk to freely. You're pretty, you're smart, you're... Perfect"
Fay's heart beat so hard in her chest as he brought his lips down to hers and wrapped his arms around her to deepen the kiss.  He broke the kiss to whisper...

"Perfect"

...and took her lips in his once more.

Fay felt as though she was walking on air, his lips felt like candy in her mouth and all she could do was moan in delight.

A knock on the door and they broke apart, bringing the kiss to an abrupt end.
Zach looked at the door and then back to Fay.
"Do you really want to get the door? " he kissed her forehead. 
The knock seemed to get louder and more persistent. Butch appeared and began growling and Fay heart sank, it couldn't be, could it?