Seven

Mohnster stood, gawking in awe of the small human female as he drank in every sight of her. She was nervous, afraid and a little excited from what he read of her when she opened the door and her voice confirmed it all. He was happy to see her and a small smile danced in his lips and no sooner had it appeared, he banished it.

"Hey" he tried not to sound too intimidating and buried his hands in his pockets in a bid to look smaller.

"What.. "

"What am I doing here? Checking up on you"

"Why?" Her face contoured in a deep frown.

"I can always leave and not come back, just say the word"

"N.. No, I mean I... It's just"

"Spit it out"

"I saw you kill a man and I feel you're here to kill me to cover your tracks but I promise I won't say anything, please just let me live".

"If I wanted you dead, you wouldn't wake up after you passed out"

She relaxed a bit, but she was still uneasy. He didn't know why he cared about this female, normally he would have wiped her memory and that would have been it, but he wanted her to remember him. Dear Virgin in the fade what was he doing? He thought and the human crossing her hands brought him back and they stood in silence, as if they communicated telepathically.

"Is he...? " Mohnster's eyes darted to the shirtless human male that appeared behind the female and he clearly just swallowed the end of that question as Mohnster unleashed a furious gaze upon the male who was now pale in fear. The male quickly regained his confidence and the two males sized each other up, one most definitely thinking of ways to bring the other down.

"Zach... " Mohnster's gaze went back to the female who cut through the tense moment.

"...this is uhhh" she rotated her wrist in a global sign of what's your name?

"Nicholi" he bellowed his pretrans name as he brought his furious gaze back to the male

"Nicholi" her tone was sharp, the kind you use when you just remembered something.

"Nicholi, this is Zach" she continued.

Mohnster heard himself growl when the male brought his hands to rest on her shoulder.

"I'm Fay by the way"