Nine

He'd left her. He'd left her in the hands of another male and it was killing him.  From the few moments he had been with the human, he had taken to her.  She was tough, he smiled to himself as the thought of their tussle.  She was a bold female his thought occupied him as he stalked in the shadows, bowing his head to the cool evening breeze, hands tucked away in his pockets. The thought of her called to him and he resisted turning his ass around back to her apartment.

"Fuck it" he cursed then off to her he raced, he didn't know why or what he was going to do when he got there but he went back to this human female who now made his heart jump for joy.

"Fay Fay Fay" each pound of his feet on the stairs echoed and then he was at her floor but now his heart was beating ever so fast because of a different reason.
The faint scent of baby powder hit him and it grew stronger with each step he took to her door and he prayed to the scribe virgin in his mind for the life of the human female. The door to her home wasn't locked and then his eyes fell upon the female in a pool of blood and his heart sank instantly and he dashed to her side. Her hand was cold when he touched it and he chest rose and fell ever so weakly.
"Fay" his bass voice failed him and left his lips in a whisper and her eyes cracked open released a single tear and he wiped it with a single soft brush. Her lips moved noiselessly as she tried to tighten her grip on his hand.
"Don't worry, you'll be okay" he placed more pressure on her wound and he caught the sight of a bloody paw and he followed to find the golden retriever with his throat slit.
"Bastards" he cursed and dialed Fritz, if the stab didn't kill her, the death of her dog might just do it.
"Hold on Fay" he stroked at her nappy mane with one hand as he resumed the pressure on her wound with the other.