company picnic.

the time was 12:54 p.m.

it was a typical day in the office area of bighit corporate; the faint sounds of demo tracks being played and keyboard keys typing filling the area, as the idols on the floor walk around, working until they clock out and head home.

seokjin wasn't bothering anyone, surprisingly. known for his disruptive behavior and actions, it's quite the sight to see him working.

namjoon, areum, and yoongi were cooped up in their recording studios; areum working on her second mini solo album, and namjoon and yoongi working on their new songs for the band's newest album, 'love yourself 結 answer'.

jungkook was covering another song in his studio, jimin sat in his cubicle, writing down a schedule for the band to follow during the next few weeks that they would be busy. jimin already had three pages worth of events, though there was more to write.

taehyung and hoseok were sat in the office's break room, munching away at whatever the kitchen area had to offer. mostly what the kitchen had to offer anyway was leftover kimchi soup, and cake that was placed in the freezer.

*****

"it's been a very normal day today in the office." areum states, staring into the camera. her expression was almost a mix of discomfort and fear as her eyebrows scrunched slightly.

areum leans in slightly.

"it scares me how normal today is."

just then, sounds of the song 'Should I Stay or Should I Go,' by The Clash started to play loudly, as sejin sang loudly (and off key) the lyrics in broken english. the sounds of groans and yells out of shock fill the office area as sejin laughed at his employees' reactions.

areum releases a heavied sigh, and chuckled weakly.

"there we go."

*****

"so, you must be wondering why i blasted that song a few minutes ago."

everyone stared at sejin; their minds judging and contemplating on how and why sejin became and is their boss.

"that wasn't the expression i was thinking i would be receiving- but okay then! who likes the idea of a company picnic?"

"can't we just go home early? so we won't have to deal with your time-wasting shenanigans."

hoseok pulled down his glasses against the bridge of his nose and glared at sejin, who wasn't paying any attention to him at all.

"sejin? did you hear me at all? why not send us home so we don't have to deal with your bullshit."

"oh shut up, hoseok. no one wants to hear your gwangju-looking ass opinions in the office."

"i wasn't stating an opinion; i was stating a fact."

just then, seokjin and areum both high five hoseok's hands as the crossword puzzle man smirked softly at sejin.

the other members of bangtan and areum's two managers; amber park and choi jackson clapped at hoseok's cum-back. (lmAo i haD tO-)

"shhHHHH"

sejin shushed the whole office as everyone eventually gave their attention to him.

"so, who's ready for a company picnic?"

almost immediately, groans and complains filled the office; as a way to respond to sejin's repeated question.

"we don't want to go on a shitty picnic."

*****

everyone that worked under bighit corporate attended the shitty picnic.

hoseok, yoongi, and namjoon sat under a tree; wanting to be shut off from any form of social interaction at this picnic.

areum was sat at one picnic table, reading a book that intrigued her curiosity a couple weeks back.

the maknae line we're currently out and about around the park's provided lake, skipping rocks against the water, with jungkook almost falling into the lake.

"yah! jungkook! be careful when you're near the lake!" areum shouts; as she sipped on a nice cold can of beer.

yoongi glances over to the girl.

"so what, were in the U.S. now?" he snickers at the sight of areum drinking the beverage.

areum glares at him, before launching her slipper at him.

she then flashes him a sarcastic smile. "what? beer is good." she says, as she took another sip.

*****

"i could never stand areum and her drunk antics."

yoongi took a glance over at the drunken woman, who was currently sleeping on jin's lap.

"though the way she acts made me fall even more for her. damn her for being such a perfect woman." yoongi rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly, as the camera zoomed into his face. the camera then pans over to areum and jin.

the two were currently asleep on one another, with jin's hand intertwined with areum's hand.

"but seeing her with another man that she's been engaged to for three years hurts me. she deserves better."

the camera man behind the camera chuckled at yoongi's cluelessness.

"what's funny?" yoongi asked the man.

"taehyung and her broke up. she's been single for about three weeks now." the camera man explained.

for the first time in his life, yoongi felt hope.

he actually thought he would nail a date with the girl he's been in love with for four years.

it's surprisingly an amazing thing to hear that he's been in love with the same woman for four years straight. girls, find yourself a man that is this loyal to you.

yoongi looks over to areum once more. with a small smile and the hue of pink painted on his cheeks, he laughs softly to himself, and sat down on the ground.

"ahh, today has been a good day."

*****

OH MY GOODNESS HELLO THERE

THIS BOOK IS BACK AND READY FOR SPOOPY SEASON BABES

i'm sorry that i haven't updated this book for about a month now! i guess my crackfic ideas burned out for a bit.

but, now, An Idol's Life is back and no longer on hold!

also, mono is so good omg

Lord, bless Namjoon for giving him the talent to create such an amazing playlist/mixtape!

honestly, every single song is a masterpiece.

congratulations namjoon, you have once again made me fall in love with you all over again. (':