Chapter 9: ABCs of Apologizing

PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR MOON: FUTURE

Chapter 9: ABCs of Apologizing

After Luna and Artemis cut the connection with Chibi-Usa, the two cats leapt down from the computer console in Crystal Tokyo's engineering suite and headed down the hallways. As they crossed a balcony overseeing the city, they found King Endymion gazing upon the scenery while drinking some coffee. Although it was grey and overcast, this didn't seem to bother him too much.

"Your Highness!" Artemis exclaimed as he and Luna jumped onto the table. "Small Lady just contacted us with some new information."

"Is she doing well?" the king asked.

"Very much so, although she and the Quartet got into a battle with one of those monsters from before."

The cats then went on to detail Chibi-Usa's information to him – the nature of the Erisians, how they spawned from the goddess of discord Eris, their discussion about Eris and Selene's history, the identity of the archer Sailor Soldier, the probable reason for her not trusting Earth's warriors, and how she wasn't from Shadow Galactica. Endymion took some time to think about all of this, feeling especially bothered by Sailor Arsenic Hyena's contradicting nature of harboring animosity while still helping his daughter and her guardians.

"Even with all of this information, we still can't do much to help," Luna felt dejected.

The king stroked the black cat's back. "There's too much we don't know about, and a lot of our theories are just conjecture for now. All that's for certain is that the goddess Eris is the one responsible for these attacks, and that there is a connection between her and this new Soldier. Fortunately, they don't appear to be on the same side; Hyena is assisting us with defeating Eris' minions."

"I'm not sure if we should focus on Eris or Hyena for getting more details," Artemis admitted.

Endymion gazed upon Tokyo again, this time letting a small smile slip through. "I trust that Chibi-Usa will figure out how to talk to Hyena. She wouldn't want her to continue fighting alone for very long. If she can overcome Hyena's trust issues, then we could gain a valuable ally in this battle. Our priority should be locating more Erisians and sending the Sailor Soldiers out to fight them."

"But if we deploy the Soldiers, that will leave Crystal Tokyo unguarded!"

"Serenity and I will remain to protect the Silver Crystal. It's more important for the citizens to feel safe during this time of crisis."

"That's true..." Luna murmured. "Then Artemis and I will monitor the skies for any activity."

The cats left Endymion alone, and he took a few more sips of his drink before leaving the balcony to go find his wife, the Sailor Soldiers, and his Four Generals to discuss this new turn of events.

****

Chibi-Usa felt a little better from talking with Luna and Artemis, but she now had to contend with these new feelings brewing within her. She grew confused about what to do when she met Hyena again. What would she say to her? Were her assumptions even right to begin with? Was she looking at this all wrong? Could they become friends, or would they remain stuck in this distant stalemate? She had no way of knowing until she talked to Hyena.

Even though she couldn't do anything about it, Chibi-Usa still had many bothersome thoughts swirling in her mind. She decided to put her rain coat on, grab an umbrella, and go for a nice long walk. She didn't have a particular destination in mind; she just wanted to get moving to burn off this stressful energy welling within her. After leaving a note for the sisters, she left the apartment complex.