Chapter 49: Unforgiving Heat Wave

PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR MOON: FUTURE

Chapter 49: Unforgiving Heat Wave

"Mars Snake Fire!" Sailor Mars called out and sent a curling wave of flames spiraling toward the battling mannequins and clay figures, engulfing all of them in searing heat.

"Hearth of the Landlord!" Sailor Vesta smacked her whip on the ground right in front of the dolls. Each crack created a small magic circle with the Vesta sigil, which then erupted into vicious fires that burned the creatures into ashes.

With the enemies wiped out, Jadeite rushed to the Sailor Soldiers once the fires died down and exclaimed, "Is everything all right!?"

"Everyone has retreated safely," Mars told him. "You really saved us this time."

"I'm sorry for being a complete jerk earlier. I realize what's important to me now."

"Don't worry about it. We can talk about that later."

"If you two are done having your moment," Vesta snapped, "those toys were far too weak for any of them to actually be threatening. That means an Erisian or one of those robed women must be nearby controlling them!"

"You're right," Mars nodded. "Phobos and Deimos had sensed something and flew towards the rear courtyard."

"Hey, that's where Midori was taking her break, wasn't it!? You don't think something's happened to her, do you!?"

"Let's go find out!" Jadeite exclaimed and ran towards the back of the shrine, with the two Soldiers following suit.

****

Hyena got to her feet and stared in bewilderment at her saviors while they turned around and gave her big smiles.

"Are you all right?" Deimos asked.

"That was certainly too close for comfort. I seem to be getting a lot more careless than usual around the Camarilla."

"I don't know what your deal is with them," Phobos said while facing Apis and the Erisian, "but we'll help you fight them in any way we can!"

Apis stomped her foot and screeched, "Ehhhh!? Hey, that's no fair!"

"You're the last person I want to hear that from," Hyena snapped, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Hmph! Erisian, why don't you go play with your new friends here? I have to have some one-on-one time with Miss Hyena and make her see the error of her ways!"

Apis' bee wings fluttered to life and allowed her to fly high above the shrine with a hideous buzzing sound. Hyena glanced at the twins and muttered, "Sailor Mars and Sailor Vesta should be wiping out her dolls anytime soon. Stay vigilant until they come to back you up."

"Right!" they chimed together and charged at the monster, elegantly leaping over a clumsy claw swipe and performing a double heel drop on its neck, which slammed its face straight into the pavement. Hyena ran up its back and deftly leapt high into the air to pursue Apis, shooting a volley of arrows at the same time her opponent threw a barrage of knives. Hyena landed on some branches, but failed to notice Apis flying straight for her and swept her right off her feet after grabbing her shoulders and flying dangerously high into the sky. The Sailor Soldier watched the ground rapidly get smaller while staring straight into the Camarilla's enraged eyes.

"You know, it isn't like you to be so upset," Hyena remarked coolly, as if this situation was perfectly normal for her. "Why not just surrender and tell me what's going on before we do something that we know we're going to regret."